Trialtech Foam Grips

David 200909

Hiya fellow trialist

I'm fed up getting sore hands from the grips I'm using at the moment (ELEMENT lock-ons)

So I've ordered a set of trialtech foams from Tarty but I'm wandering whats the best glue to hold them on, without them moving ever.

Tarty recomend 3M spray or Hobbycraft Repositionable Spray Adhesive. but there is heaps of different kinds of both sprays.

Could anyone let me know, what is exactly the best stuff to use?

Thank you

David

clear spray laquer, one step off superglue! It works AMAZINGLY, gotta be quick though, it dries very fast!

Be a nightmare getting them off surely? Wouldn't you have to cut and scrape them off with a knife? I've always used spraymount and it's easy to get your grips off when they're worn. Not used foam pads before now though so not had to remove them yet, if they're anything like rubber grips though they'll just peel off normally.

Hairspray works very well, for me at least, spray inside the grips and put them on handle bars, then pull them off again,

Then wipe some of the hairspray off inside the grips and bang them back on, they should be firmly on , and as you ride and warm em up they pretty much stick.

Hi i have just bought a pair of them grips myself and what i used was a hair spray because it lubrecates the grips so they are easy to fit on and then when you have got them on leave them for 15 minutes and they will stick on and they will not move one little bit and the product i used was (shockwave) hair spray. Hope that helps Charlie

It depends on the surface of the bars though. Bars with a glossy finish will need sticking down.

my try all bars are glossy, i havnt had to stick mine down with anything and they havnt moved since i put them on (6 months ago)

Edited by josh barker