How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Peddle Kick?

Jiten

about a year

I've been riding for about a year and I still can't manage them. <_< I'm just about getting onto the back wheel but I never really tried it until about a month ago.

Then again, I've only just sorted myself out with a trials specific bike in the last few weeks...

stick with it, look how good ali is now.

I learnt them on a saracen mad 2 h Lol, i learnt all the basics first really but took me a while

Edited by Mr Bob

Took me about 2 weeks after getting back into trials properly (on a 05 ZOO! Pitbull (damn I miss that bike)) as I sold my koxx djinn after a month but i was wheely dropping 4ft (I was so proud of myself (aged 13)). But the key is just keep practicing, its the only way to really get anywhere in a sport this physically demanding.

• 3 months later...

I remember the day! october last year...

actually deciding to learn the pedal kick, about 20mins on my trusty stinky to get 3/4 strung small ones together...

i could already wheelie though as long as i liked and could do 4/5 backhops with the trusted endo to rear wheel! so really it wasnt a big step forward

when i try to learn something though, i go at it over and over untill i can do it (to an extent) or have made enough progress that a break from it would benefit

Took me around 2 months on a Trek Bruiser DJ frame, 32 tooth chainring and some turd hub.

Anyone notice a pattern here?

All the "old school" riders seem to have taken forever to learn it, all theses young uns learn pedal kicks in a week or two!!!

Shows how far frame geo and components have come along.

About 2 weeks to learn the technique.In the beginning I couldn't actually calculate where I was going to land...it took me 1 month to learn this and start doing some proper gaps.

As for the bike...I started riding trials on a standard mountain bike (ideal boomax) and I couldn't pedalhop on that,only some hops on the rear.

When I bought a proper trials bike, it was so much easier!

Edited by TrialZonn