How Did Everyone Get Into Trials? (:

TrialItAll

Heya guys+girls ;D

Just interested to see how everyone got into trials!

I Was introduced by a friend, he saw a video on YouTube, and i saw it and thought it was awesome, and wanted to take the sport up, but lacked the money at that time to buy a bike, allthough my friend didn't! He then bought another bike, and i was able to ride on his old one!

Would be interesting to hear everyones storys :P

Thanks,

Harry :)

I got into trials when i went into secondary school. Our school is the best school near lochinver (highland village). When they came to our secondary school they were talking about their bikes.

I already liked pulling wheelies, stoppies and doing jumps. i bought my onza and i never looked back. But my mum hates me for buying the bike because i've spent over £600 on it.

So thats my story about getting into trials.

well my story is quite simple started doing trails(not trials) which is jumps and then i typed on youtube trails but mispelt it to say trials and a danny mac vid popped up, i watched it i have know started on my mtb doing weelies and stoppies(not very good one's) and i have know ordered a bike for my crimbo present.

I can't exactly remember how I found out about trials, I think it was seeing the Team-Onza trials display at Earls Court last year... Went home and looked it all up, about 2weeks - 1 month later I purchased an Onza Rip.

Gave up with trials until about 1-2 months ago and now I'm in love with it but pissed off at the time of year I decided to start again...

Harry, it sounds like everybody became inspired through Danny Mac's video, seems like your going to have to show that one to your English Class for the presentation on trials. I'm still concerned about the fact that it isn't quite proper trials, meh. :)

For me it was seeing the Saracen MAD team at a show in Milton Keynes.

I already had a 26" jump bike so i brought an Adamant A2 frame and Giant forks, got the rest of the parts from the jump bike and away i went.

That was four years ago and I'm still riding the same frame :)

i was scanning through the net at mountain bikes and came across the onza site i saw my rip and just wanted one then i had a go on one at biker radar this year and was hooked so saved my money and got one didnt go down to well with the wife ( BUT HO CARES YOU ONLY LIVE ONE LIFE) :giggle:

Why did you get a 24"? :o

I had me a 2002 T-pro with the standard setup.

Anyway, one day I tried bunnyhopping up some shit and couldn't do it, so I thought, this bike is wack, I'll get another one.

Turns out someone was selling one of my favourite bikes, and at a push I could afford it, so I bought a ciguena 24".

Excellent decision, that. Just the right increase in wheelsize so that it feels like you're actually riding a bike, and can actually get places on it, but without feeling cumbersome like some stocks had done for me. I'm very used to 24" wheels, as I'd been running them for around a year before even getting the mod, on my jump bike.

my neighbour got me into it about 4/5 years ago, i have a mountain bike then and did a varied biking sports, downhill, free ride, dirt jumps etc.

since then i alway wanted a trials bike, had alway been interested in bikes.

and april this year i got my first trials bike and havent ridden anything else since, i love it :D

I got into it during the end of high school, a couple of friends had trials bikes. I was mainly into bmx at the time, but used to have a go on theirs occasionally. Decided to build one up probably a year later, hardly rode it and stuck with the bmx, untill I had a bit of a major bail afterwhich gave up bmx. Then didnt really ride anything untill I built up a Base Ta 26 to ride through the muddy stuff and a BMX to mess around on whilst at uni last year, and 2 months ago found my old BT 4.0 frame and all my other trials parts at the back of the shed after seeing some videos, decided to build it up and hey-presto I'm actually back riding trials again but propperly this time and can't see myself giving it up any time soon! B)

I thought Danny Mac would probably feature in this thread! I sometimes listen to the song from that video before riding, but for some reason I still don't seem to be able to manage flairs from trees.

For me, it was seeing Ashton and Hawes in mbuk. I was fairly into mountain bikes as a teenager and tried a bit of everything (all on the same bike, just put the saddle right down; trials bike). Eventually I built up a Monty Urban frame to give trials a proper go and did that for a year or so.

I forgot about trials when I went to Uni in Wales as there were too many mountains to ride and it was generally quite wet. I got back into trials nearly a year go after my brother started riding again.

Well first time around I was a 13 year old kid and only just really seen cycle trials, my mate had a da bomb magura pro and offerd a swap for a bmx I payed 100quid for.

I sold the bike a month later because I got offerd £250, spent the money and regreted it ever since, I no now how shit the bikes are but I could have been riding for about 5 years by now if I didnt sell it, did have much cash at the time and was switching fads like no tomorrow haha we've all been there!

Saw danny mac on youtube and met Ali C up at the local quarry been hooked ever since, so I got a tvee off my mate a few month back realised I didnt feel comfertable on a mod and got a stock last week and iv learnt more on the stock than i ever did on the mod, so thats basicly it .

Edited by RazGman

I didnt know what trials was until a couple weeks ago, 2 friends told me about it. I watched some videos & bought a bike. :)

Now im learning. :D

Wow didn't take you long to get into it... Must have had spare cash laying around, lucky for you!