How Did Everyone Get Into Trials? (:

TrialItAll

I had a family friend who rode and still ride moto-trials and at the time i was messing around on mountain bike's. I went round his one night and had a go on lower class trial bicycle and from that point i was hooked i just loved the feel of them soo much that i then rode everyday and once i had a bit of skill to back me up started to events.

I got some friends way back Hungary who rode BMX, I was around them, and i found them cool. Then I saw Danny Macaskill (yep.) video. After that i googled Trial. and wow. I felt in low with this sport. But I was lack of funds, so for a year I went to bed after I watched trials videos. At november I moved to UK with my parents. For 6 monthes I had no friends, no hobbies, no sport nothing at all. But because of the Princes trust I could afford a starter trials bike for 50£. It was shit as hell at every parts, but hey, it is a bike designed for trial biking! (It weight 15 Kg by the way.) I rode it as often as I could ( when it rained, the brakes and pedals were slipped and i translated a lot). for 2 weeks I only tried to learn trackstand:) It was really boring, but i knew that it is my sport. This bike was with me for 6 month, in this time I killed it. Now i am building a "new" bike, hopefully i will finish it in November and with that i could reach the amateur level :)

• 2 weeks later...

For me it was an odd combination of needing something to get to work on and thinking about getting back in to skateboarding again. Had a mate who rode trials and had more or less enough spare parts lying around to build a bike up. Watching him playing around while we built the bike up got me interested and I ended up trading four wheels for two.

• 3 weeks later...

saw Danny macs april video and thought it was amazing, year or so later saw his way back home vid, decided i wanted to do it, got a bike and then you relise trials isnt what you see danny do, but is actually incredibly fun, rode every possible minuet for the past 2 years and have spent shit loads on bikes

Personally, it was half my own doing me starting trials. After moving to Blackpool i was determined to get some bikes to ride up and down the prom. Got to cheap as chips mtbs and my boyfriend started doing the odd trials move on it and i was like wow that's really cool! Then factor in me hitting a curb wrong one day going over the bars and nearly launching myself through a shop window..

This made my boyfriend decide to teach me some trials moves on the moonrocks to try to avoid silly accidents. I learnt quickish and wanted to do more and more, just over a year and a half later we now own 8 bikes and constantly out riding :)

Love it though can't imagine life without my bike ^_^

Like I say.. I wish I'd of stuck at it early on, made the effort to find other riders and got myself better informed (no internet back then). I may have been a half decent rider now :rolleyes: But I'm enjoying it now more than i ever have.

Same here, I started ages ago in the 90's

Around the same time as rob poyser. Seeing how good rob is at trials makes me wish I had stuck with the trials riding. Rather than having 9 years off.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been into trials for years but not often road.

My dad got me into it as he used to ride with 'Martin Lampkin', Dougies father. I did a little bit of motorcycle trials when I was younger, I really enjoyed it but I didn't stick to it.

A few years later I discovered bicycle trials which of course I was interested in but could never afford a bike.

A few more years on (last week) I decided to get a trials push bike as I had some money to treat myself before crimbo. Also by this time YouTube is huge and I watched lots of trials vids including Danny Mac which 'inspired' me more.

So learning the basics over crimbo then taking my new found skills out in the new year :D