Wheel Build...

FINDUS

Hi guys need some help with the build of my wheel...

hub= Chris king single speed disc 32 hole

rim=halo 24 inch multi rim

I am trying to build this wheel using a spoke length of 236 on both drive and non drive with a 3x spoke pattern..

My problem is it ain't working one side of the spokes are under so much tension even before i start to tighten the spokes to true.

so my mission or should i say yours is to prove I'm wrong and need a different size spokes..

I'm not going to be running the disc on the wheel, both flange size are the same, plus the Axel difference to the flange from what i can work out is the same so thats how i decided on this length with the aid of a spoke calculator

any help would be brill thanks in advance (Y)

One side is tight and the other isn't?

Sounds like a spoke in the wrong hole, and the others on that side of the hub because of it. I'm afraid that the only thing to do is take it apart and try again.

I may be wrong here, so get a second opinion, but this had happened to me when I built my first and only wheel. (So I'm not really the best guy to get advice from...)

The solution for me was to give up and hand the wheel over to Psycholist... :rolleyes:

One side is tight and the other isn't?

Sounds like a spoke in the wrong hole, and the others on that side of the hub because of it. I'm afraid that the only thing to do is take it apart and try again.

I may be wrong here, so get a second opinion, but this had happened to me when I built my first and only wheel. (So I'm not really the best guy to get advice from...)

The solution for me was to give up and hand the wheel over to Psycholist... :rolleyes:

The strange part of this is i have built wheels before many times before and never had this problem. i thought a spoke in the wrong place but all were ok. its driving me mad :(