Avid Bb7 V.s Magura Louise

315r

Hello.

I need some help to improve my brake power in front well in my yaabaa 1499

Now I have a Magura louise that works more or less well but I need more power....

Avid bb7 works better than magura Louise??

Which blade I have to get to mount with Avid?

185mm is a good idea?

I don't want to change the fork because is too expensive If I could I would get a full maggi, or vee but I can't....

Other ideas?? Hopes(to much expensive) ?? Other blade for Louise? other pads for louise?

Comments please...

Here I find one similar topic: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....e=show&st=0

Edited by 315r

iv got a bb7 on the front of my bike with a 203mm rotor and its insane!

holds like no other front brake iv ever ridden.

Craig James on also has one with i think a 185 rotor and thats been alrite too

Personally, for trials i far prefer cable discs to hydraulic. Just dont find them as bitey.

iv got a bb7 on the front of my bike with a 203mm rotor and its insane!

holds like no other front brake iv ever ridden.

Craig James on also has one with i think a 185 rotor and thats been alrite too

Personally, for trials i far prefer cable discs to hydraulic. Just dont find them as bitey.

Aye its been all right :) Ran Magura Louise Fr which was really nice, worked just as well as the BB7, but then its more prone to damage and more exspensive. Personally i'd go fora BB7 every time.

Ok.

Therefore I understand that is not necesary change my louise for a avid one because more or less have the same bite.

In this case how can improve my brake?

Get some 180 rotor with adaptors for caliper? some special pads?

Mikey uk. Did you do something to your magura for this fantastic bite?

Ok.

Therefore I understand that is not necesary change my louise for a avid one because more or less have the same bite.

In this case how can improve my brake?

Get some 180 rotor with adaptors for caliper? some special pads?

Mikey uk. Did you do something to your magura for this fantastic bite?

I've noticed that if i set it up with pistons fully pushed in i have more modulation but if i take the wheel off and pull the lever very slowly and not very far in and then slip the wheel + disk back in the lever should be a lot more solid and have more bite. Keep the pads in for this!

I wouldnt mess with this too much incase you do it too far and damage the pistons etc. If the pistons go too far use an alan key to push them back in. Remove the pads when pushing the pistons back in!

Edit* For a stock I would suggest getting a larger rotor (185mm / 203mm) if my method does not work.

Edited by Mikey-uk

I've noticed that if i set it up with pistons fully pushed in i have more modulation but if i take the wheel off and pull the lever very slowly and not very far in and then slip the wheel + disk back in the lever should be a lot more solid and have more bite. Keep the pads in for this!

I wouldnt mess with this too much incase you do it too far and damage the pistons etc. If the pistons go too far use an alan key to push them back in. Remove the pads when pushing the pistons back in!

Edit* For a stock I would suggest getting a larger rotor (185mm / 203mm) if my method does not work.

Thank you Mikey UK.

In this case, now the question is: Which is the best way to transform my 160mm magura louise in 180mm o 185???

Best Rotor? Best adaptor?

Thank you. (Y)

Thank you Mikey UK.

In this case, now the question is: Which is the best way to transform my 160mm magura louise in 180mm o 185???

Best Rotor? Best adaptor?

Thank you. (Y)

Pm the author of this thread about a 180mm Hope rotor and Pm the author of this thread about the Magura Qm-6 post mount. (Make sure you tell him front)

Pm the author of this thread about a 180mm Hope rotor and Pm the author of this thread about the Magura Qm-6 post mount. (Make sure you tell him front)

Lots of thanks Mikey-UK.

But now I have a guess about if my actual magura is now 180mm maybe I need more than 200mm :S

Edited by 315r

Hello again in this topic.

Seem incredible, but today i has broken my magura lever blade, although it's still under warranty it's the perfect excuse to get other brake.

Now i'm between avid or Hope, always in 180mm

obviously the save of money with avid it's big but maybe it's better option the Hope............

Opinions?

Yes? In Stock avid to? works well?

I'm very close to confirm for avid :D

I have used hope and avid, and found the bb7 to be much better, as you dont have to worry about bleeding it or having any problems with seals and such.

Avid BB7 for the win

Hello rab sropshire!

Did you use hope and avid in stock?

I'm very confident now in avib because your opinions! (Y)

some advice in the moment of purchasing? Avid BB7 with SD7 Lever blades?

Need some kind of adaptor in my Try-all Fork?

Edited by 315r

Is your tryall fork +20 or is it +30 disc mount?

and yes i used hope and avid with both stock and mod.

Good question, is the fork of yaabaa 1499, Try-All alu disck 180mm, I don't know more.......

Now I have a Magura louise 180 for more info...

Never used a Avid but my Louise is pretty insane.

I run the TPA on pretty much full and the bite is instant and the hold is unbreakable i swear, i could ride along as fast i can pull the brake and be straight over the handlebars; can't fault it.

Mine is only a 160mm disc on a mod but i guess it's the same concept.

I'm not very happy with my louise however.

Always loosing tension during riding, not to much power.....

Here some friends said to me that Avid power is very close to power of Hope. Although the feeling of hope is better the feeling of Avid it's more "direct".

Tomorrow I'm going to talk with magura distributor to know what i have to do and if my brake is under warranty, My brake have less than a year and I have the bill.

Therefore, tomorrow more info.