Coust Pads From Heatsink?

Mr Bob

Interested to see how this would be done, I have some compound here I'd like to test. I tried at uni and they said I would need a few thousand quid and a mass spectrometer? (Or a friend in the right place!)

adam they actually have one of them machines in the lab, where i work, i dont work in the lab but i been in to see it, pretty kool

im interested to see the difference between the 2 pads material, maybe its the way steve cuts it or the glue?

Hi ive now been talking to gilles and his dad (michael) and he sent me this picture, they just look different? may just be the cuttings? :S

pbpic4339471.jpg

Michel has a different way to transfer the Coust raw sheet into pad shapes, sands the sides and adds the tapered ends as styling.

I receive the blocks precut by Michel for my convenience, then I cut these manually on my cutting jig to create the recess geo needed. I leave the square corners to maximise the braking area and see no need to sand the sides. These pads are then carefully stuck into the Magura plastic/HeatsinkBikes CNC Vee/HeatsinkBikes CNC Magura backings and then the breaking surfaces bedded in with abrasive agitation so they're ready for to strut their stuff straight away.

Better get back to pad making :) As it would happen I'm assembling some Coust pads into V2 CNC Magura backings as we speak (Y) These continue to be one of HSB's biggest selling products.

Steve

Michel has a different way to transfer the Coust raw sheet into pad shapes, sands the sides and adds the tapered ends as styling.

I receive the blocks precut by Michel for my convenience, then I cut these manually on my cutting jig to create the recess geo needed. I leave the square corners to maximise the braking area and see no need to sand the sides. These pads are then carefully stuck into the Magura plastic/HeatsinkBikes CNC Vee/HeatsinkBikes CNC Magura backings and then the breaking surfaces bedded in with abrasive agitation so they're ready for to strut their stuff straight away.

Better get back to pad making :) As it would happen I'm assembling some Coust pads as we speak (Y)

Steve

did you ever try to follow the same process to make some steve? if the material is the same then surly if must be the process?

Better get back to pad making :) As it would happen I'm assembling some Coust pads into V2 CNC Magura backings as we speak (Y) These continue to be one of HSB's biggest selling products.

Steve

Wouldnt be for me would it? Placed an order for mine earlier. :)