Trialtech Cock Up?

ogre

It's a 5g difference, different rims of the same batch often fluctuate by 50g. :P (Or so I'm told).

Weight fluctuation by 5% either way?

Whoever told you that you need not to listen to them again.

Dude, read the rest of the thread. :P

Yes it will matter what tolerances they work to, but it appears, pretty slack ones, otherwise they'd have to change the dies all the time.

when you say all the time how many part you you think they get out of a punch and die, and im guessing these are cold worked?

like i said i dont know what tolerances they work to must be an iso tolerance.... but even if the the puch and die wears 20-30mu then the rim isnt gonna be 50 grams more?

when you say all the time how many part you you think they get out of a punch and die, and im guessing these are cold worked?

like i said i dont know what tolerances they work to must be an iso tolerance.... but even if the the puch and die wears 20-30mu then the rim isnt gonna be 50 grams more?

HAHA they're probably all made in China/"the East", the manufacturers won't even know what ISO is. :lol:

HAHA they're probably all made in China/"the East", the manufacturers won't even know what ISO is. :lol:

doesnt really mean that they wont work to a decent tolerance, because the die and punch must fit each other, other wise bang, get what im saying

doesnt really mean that they wont work to a decent tolerance, because the die and punch must fit each other, other wise bang, get what im saying

Aren't they just extruded through a die?

The punch for the holes isn't gonna be too affected by the wall thickness surely?

I'm sure if it was a problem, one of the many, many Trialtech square-holed rims we've sold would've come back to us, or someone would have said something about breaking one of them on here? They've minimised the chance of getting any sort of stress risers on the corners of the holes by rounding them out, so what's the 'significant' problem with that?