Is It A Bit Grim Up North?

Papa Manual

Bit grim up north?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Yes
    • No

What I found weird was how everyone in the Preston/Manchester/this neck of the woods kinda area was going on about how Northern they were, but Newcastle - where I'd lived prior to Hebden - is about 2 and a bit hours more North of here, and no-one was going on about how 'Northern' they were...

Little story for you here...

I was going to look at a Saab in Grimsby, I went on a road trip with our very own mad Dr. Allen !

My friend Dave phoned me up on the way, I answered the phone just as I was coming into Oxford and told him where I was going. He said "Oh ai', it's grim up north!" as I went past the sign that said "Welcome to Oxford" and the second I passed the sign the sky turned black and it started to f**king hammer down and didn't stop until I was coming through Newbury on the way home.

So from then on anything past Oxford is "up north".

They do. Well, in a sense. I moved from London 'cos I got fed up of the shitty attitude from everyone there. In Newcastle, it was the total opposite - there was a noticeable difference in what the majority of people were like there.

They do. Well, in a sense. I moved from London 'cos I got fed up of the shitty attitude from everyone there. In Newcastle, it was the total opposite - there was a noticeable difference in what the majority of people were like there.

That's just pure London though, not the case in the entirety of the South.

You're Irish, you don't count.

Don't? Can't? Whatever, isn't there some pub you ought to be in? It's the Irish Way.

I'm really a southerner but I quite like the north. At least I like the hills and the valleys and the sea. The south's got none of that stuff (with the possible exception of sea. I think the south has some sea now?).

No, it's beautiful. Unless you go to Doncaster.

Leave Doncaster alone!! Actually, even though I live/am from there, it is a SHITHOLE.

Don't come to Doncaster unless you wanna get mobbed by many chavs, pikeys and other forms of scum.

Ooohhhh, do I get involved? Do I? Such a tricky choice....

No doubt I'll fall out with everyone...

I'll just say this, the south smells funy, and has SHIT chippies. But they have Chicksands, and several of my favourite people are from there, and when we went to devon the weather was mad good. But my heart will always be in Derbyshire, it just feels and smells right. :P (I know this because I've been on holiday, come back with a load of wetsuits and kit in the car, so the car stank of the seaside, then I got out and was like aaahhhhhh. :P)

Ooohhhh, do I get involved? Do I? Such a tricky choice....

No doubt I'll fall out with everyone...

I'll just say this, the south smells funy, and has SHIT chippies. But they have Chicksands, and several of my favourite people are from there, and when we went to devon the weather was mad good. But my heart will always be in Derbyshire, it just feels and smells right. :P (I know this because I've been on holiday, come back with a load of wetsuits and kit in the car, so the car stank of the seaside, then I got out and was like aaahhhhhh. :P)

Your strange though!

I like living in the North and I like being a Northern monkey. I like the idea that Oasis are pretty decent stereotypes of Northern lads. I also like Northern Boys Club clothing. I much prefered living in Lincoln to Bradford though and thats much less Northern. Southern people tend to wear those funny pork pie hats whereas i am much more of a fan of the flat cap.