Is It A Bit Grim Up North?

Papa Manual

Bit grim up north?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Yes
    • No

Dartmoor, Exmoor, Bodmin moor, hundreds of coastal locations.

Dozens of Ale/Cider breweries all over the place.

Brutally strong accents/farmer types.

Real country roads.

That's just this side of Bristol, there's a whole load of stuff spreading all over the south...

Seriously, if you're going to try and call us out on that lot, do it properly ;)

Faggot, you can't win.

Yorkshire is the largest county, Yorkshire is the winnest county.

f**k you and your southern shite.

That's just pure London though, not the case in the entirety of the South.

It's really not. I live in London and not everyone here is shitty, thats a stupid thing to say. Its a densly populated city so you get a fair share of idiots, but they are equally counteracter with decent chaps and ladies alike.

It depends on where you go and who you deal with. Also it depends how you personally deal with shitty people. If i receive a snobby/shitty/arogant attitude from another indivdual it genuinly doesn't bother me - i'm me and they are them...... they have to live with themselves being that way inclined. I actually find it enjoyable as those people can be quite easily embaressed and i take pleasure in expoiting that if someone is rude.

I've had only a little experience with the north and i wouldn't really want to live there. I lived in Nottingham for 4 years and thats as north as i would go. I'd live in edinburgh or the higlands but nowhere in between of that and London.

What I found weird was how everyone in the Preston/Manchester/this neck of the woods kinda area was going on about how Northern they were, but Newcastle - where I'd lived prior to Hebden - is about 2 and a bit hours more North of here, and no-one was going on about how 'Northern' they were...

Yer but that's just like how all us Watford lot like to pretend we're real londoners :P

I moved from London 'cos I got fed up of the shitty attitude from everyone there. In Newcastle, it was the total opposite - there was a noticeable difference in what the majority of people were like there.

True, but i've noticed that in a massive way coming down to Bournemouth as well an that's further south :P So it's definately just a London thing.

Ok. Trials riders of the north against trials riders of the south; who'd win?

Rules: No skinny jeans and it must also be filmed using a sensible aspect ratio.

We can afford more guns.

Hang on a second, we are talking about a massive fight yer?

Yer but that's just like how all us Watford lot like to pretend we're real londoners :P

Yea man! I'm going to be staying in Watty on Friday, maybe going Oceana, or Area or something? Sounds like area has bare Watty style gash?

Staying at a girls so doubt pulling will be on the cards anyway! lol

Haha jokes, I'm back in Watty on friday as well but then goin Ram at Matter in London from there.

Oceana is shit. Tries to be too posh for it's own good, different themed bars an shit, bare expensive, massive ques and full of bellends. Area on the other hand, anything goes :lol: You'd be much better off on a monday though.

Haha jokes, I'm back in Watty on friday as well but then goin Ram at Matter in London from there.

Oceana is shit. Tries to be too posh for it's own good, different themed bars an shit, bare expensive, massive ques and full of bellends. Area on the other hand, anything goes :lol: You'd be much better off on a monday though.

Oceana is shit

full of bellends

full of bellends

full of bellends

Damn right.

I'd have to agree, when I think about the North, I think of the colour grey.

I think of Poland when i think of grey personally.

Northern land is mint. Especially Blackpool with the moon rocks, a big rust brown tower, hen nights, murderers. 'Tis good fun.

To sum up - Yorkshire (l)

Yorkshire, where real men live, with real accents, where real beer is made, where real hills are, and real rocks to ride on.

Not your southern fairy wishywashy fields and it's all flat.

Everyone knows the best roads in England are in Yorkshire.

Truth!