Rage Against The Machine For Christmas No1

J.KYDD

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=22...4.4045806762..1

Fed up of Simon Cowell's latest karaoke act being Christmas No.1?

Me too... So who's up for a mass-purchase of the track 'KILLING IN THE NAME' from December 13th (DON'T BUY IT YET!) as a protest to the X-Factor monotony?

(Taken from frontpage)

Need to draw maximum attention to this

I reckon the charts are all rigged anyway...

Ditto. Unfortunately the public is too retarded and will go out and buy whatever Simon Cowell tells them to.

With viewing figures estimated to reach 12 million for the final, I think any chance of RATM getting to number one, or anywhere near it, is impossible.

Imagine how much of a twat Simon Cowell will look if this happened; I'm sure with his money, his money making singer and 'influence' within that shitty music sector, he could pull strings and certainly rig the competition.

Don't you remember last year guys?

There was a group trying to get Jeff Buckley's rendition of Hallelujah to No 1 instead of the X factor tripe, and with bad planning and awful press coverage they still made it to No. 2.

I think this is possible because RATM has a much bigger fan base than Buckleys, furthermore there is more of a point to the song this time around.

I will be purchasing the song.

Haha, this is a cool idea. Would be awesome if it makes it. Was gunna point out that there's probably not actually 500000+ copys of killing in the name in stock in record stores, as it's not really the kinda thing someone would buy as a single over an album. However I was forgetting the charts take into account legal downloads now, so it's possible. :D

Lets say X-Factor was watched by 15million like it was in series 5, you think this internet phenomenon can compete with sales Joe is going to create. Optimistic me thinks.

Doesn't matter how many people watch the program when the single is so shite... I think RATM may actually have a small shot at success. Rick Astley was amistake last year because who the hell actually wants to buy that? The sort of people who are likely to do this this year for RATM are the sorts of people who never buy music and I can see there being quite a lot going for this. People are buying multiple copies just to try and stop the X-Factor crap making it the the top... Fingers crossed it works, for no other reason than the radio and news coverage which wouldn't even be able to play the song :P.

the sales to Rage will still line Simon's pocket! Record labels all part of Sony bmg and that, But this is a protest to the fact that the christmas no.1 single is dictated to us by the idea that a x-factor winner is worthy of christmas no.1. I don't think so, and if you don't then you can spend less than 2.50 and help abolish this myth. Jedward was my hope but they didn't quite do it so, Rage for no. 1!

the sales to Rage will still line Simon's pocket! Record labels all part of Sony bmg and that

...It will line Sony's pockets.

And Rage's pockets, which is good, they should get back together and record.

I will be happy if it gets to no.2, purely because it shows that it was at least possible.