Rage Against The Machine For Christmas No1

J.KYDD

Well, it's come as a shock to me. I didn't realise they were signed to Epic, if it'd been someone like Universal then at least you had some rivalry going on. Suppose what this does show is that the public 'can' control some of the charts, even if the money still goes to the same place.

Was probably a bet between Simon and Jon!

It's getting really tedious having people go on about the fact that it's lining the same pockets either way. The idea was never to take money away from Sony, otherwise they'd have picked someone from (as mentioned) Universal or suchlike. The idea is that we Take The Power Back from Simon Cowell deciding who get's the Christmas number 1.

I've bought it 10 times. I was resisting because I didn't care, but then I thought I might as well.

For everyone who thinks Cowell is going to be making all kinds of money from this (basically the people who read news stories in the Sun and daily star or don't have 2 brain cells between them and their pet badger).

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/arts...s+reign/3467147

Basically:

Rage Against the Machine's record label is a division of Sony which is run by Simon Cowell, leading to suggestions Cowell will win either way.

But Sony have told Channel 4 News this is untrue as Rage is not under Cowell's remit. The X Factor winner Joe McElderry is.

The little video from Channel 4 news on that page is quite good too.