Tms Evo 3 Frame On Tartys.

tmusson

It seems dam expensive to me but then again it does come with some good features like the dropouts, a nice geo, looks like good quality etc but for me it does not justify the price.

Not sure if I am correct with this but I think that most of the time if there is an expensive frame like this one then getting a full build if it is possibly is sometimes a better option in terms of value for money. Like koxx bikes etc. Am I right?

It seems dam expensive to me but then again it does come with some good features like the dropouts, a nice geo, looks like good quality etc but for me it does not justify the price.

Not sure if I am correct with this but I think that most of the time if there is an expensive frame like this one then getting a full build if it is possibly is sometimes a better option in terms of value for money. Like koxx bikes etc. Am I right?

You're right.

Like, a sky frame is like £780. If you've got that sort of money lying around, then you might as well add another grand and get the whole shabbang. the brakes alone are more than 300, so when you add it all up, it definitely works out cheaper.

Comes with the headset too, so that's about £70 worth of stuff free with it which means it's a shade of £600 of frame, if that makes sense. You do get quite a lot of frame for your money, although I agree it'd be a bit nicer if it weighed a smidgeon less. On the plus side, at least you know that your £600 frame should last for quite some time.

My Zhi Z2 weighs the same as that, and its really not a problem. The rest of my bike is really light weight, and surely a little fragile - so its nice to have something heavier and more reliable on a light bike.

At that weight it'll surely shrug off the dents nicely (Y)

light components will make a heavy frame feel light, the frame is only 20% of the weight of a bike (2 kgs and 10kg all in) you can save alot of elsewhere and make it ride "light" or you could all man up and get stronger... haha

Your last bit's pretty true - one of the proper biffer T-Bone protos I had to try was weeeeighty, but the setup on it made it really 'light' to ride.

Not sure on the warranty for it, Ads just said that he thinks it's 6 months, not covering bashing :P

Aye, 6 months covering manufacturing and materials defects.

Personally, given the weight of the frame and, more importantly, the relatively high price I find that a bit disappointing. 12 months would have been reasonable and I think is a fair time to expect this frame to last.

given the weight of the frame

It weighs about 2kg, so strength shouldn't realistically be a problem on it - it's one of the heavier frames we sell in that particular category on our site.

The warranty covers manufacturing defects, not the frame breaking from repeated use, so any manufacturing defects should become more than apparent within the first 6 months of you owning the frame. A frame cracking from being repeatedly battered into walls and rocks is generally not a manufacturing defect, but as with all of our warranty cases we deal with them on a case by case basis so if you have a problem with any frame you buy from us, we'll try to help you out as much as we can.

Edited by Stan Shaw

hello, I have tested this bike on wednesday. It was the bike from Morgan Lavaux who is sponsored by TMS!

I absolutely hate it: heavy, the rear end is soooooo spongy, and I didn't feel comfortable on it! It was horrible! You even feel you'll never get use to it... I couldn't stay still on the bike without having to lean my foot on the side... And it's not because of the high BB.

I have had some other bikes before, some of them, I was not that much keen on, but this one makes you feel really uncomfortable! Now, it's just personnal preference, so just take it as a quick review from the french duck!

Edited by Canardweb