Ashton Style Saddle Mudguard

eep803

So whats public opinion on those little swept up mudguardy type things on the ashton trials bikes? Do they have a purpose other than style?

When I was getting into trialsin and looking at bikes on ebay I saw one with a similar thing but it was in metal and part of the frame which was straight polished metal. Can't remember the bike but I do remember thinking it just looked cool as.

I trialsed years ago on my mountain bike and have only just got back into trials purely as a result of seeing THE Danny Mac vid. Rowan Johns vids always look smooth because of the riding style but I think the moto style mudguard lends it and extra cool/streety something or other feeling.

Can you buy them and mod them to fit your own frame, has anyone made their own, am I just a bit g*y for wanting to put a moto mudguard on my trials bike that serves no purpose...

Skinny

I think as the current trials market is all based upon weight it would only appeal to very few riders.

I quite like them as when I first saw Danny Holroyd riding his Ashton in his videos back in the day, it immediately created the link with moto trials.

I'd love to have an old Ashton just for that seat.

I think as the current trials market is all based upon weight it would only appeal to very few riders.

I quite like them as when I first saw Danny Holroyd riding his Ashton in his videos back in the day, it immediately created the link with moto trials.

I'd love to have an old Ashton just for that seat.

Theres one in the for sale section at the moment.

Now you say Mission comp, I'm sure it was a Mission Prodigy that I saw. Was a lovely bit of swept up alu in the frame which made the mudguard. Just found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MISSION-PRODIGY-Tial...=item2557ae2623

I work with some welders so may have a tinker with some sheet alu, the roller, some buffer pads etc next time I'm in the workshop. I like the carbon idea too, I ride a Black Adamant A1 so a nice bit of carbon would match right nice. But as Mikee says, I dunno if I can be assed either.

Definately make a nice link with moto trials.

Was it the koxx boxx you saw? The new ashton also has the seat on it. The koxx had an upswept metal fender type thing.

That hardly stopped any mud though, it was purely designed for anal penetration. I know that sounds sarcastic but it was seriously useless.

Yeah, I'm not thinking I'll be worrying about mud splats up the back of my pants when I ride trials!

I just think they look a bit cooler, give the bike a bit of moto feel.

I suppose when I sit on my bike I do sit on the maggy crossover... Anyone trashed their maggy from sitting on it?

I made a BB and downtube protector by cutting some black drain pipe down then heated it gently to mould it around the down tube and BB shell. Worked pretty well and put a few strips of inner tube behind for cushioning. Since then I've got better and dont really ding that bit. I may try the same with some guttering for a mudguard.