What Tyre Pressure Do You Run At?

dannytrialskid

Hello,

I always get punctures. I went for a ride on Sunday and I got one straight away, but ever since I pumped up my tyres a bit more they have not seemed to be popping as much; but annoyingly they still do. So I was wondering what tyre pressures do you run at front and back?

This would be great help to me :D

Thanks,

Danny.

(P.S. this topic is vital to me, because i get like 10+ punctures every month! :( )

Edited by dannytrialskid

I usually run about 17psi in front and rear, varies by what sort of mood i am in :P

To avoid punctures I from past experience believe it is so much down to what tube you run. I had a standard tube back in the day when I had an onza abd it popped all the time, but fitted a cheng shin more heavy duty type tube and in about a year or so have not had a single puncture!!! also it somehow made it feel bouncier. It may hurt your wallet now but in the long run it pays off to buy quality first!!!

Dude, seriously...

This has been asked dozens of times, including a few times recently. At the end of the day though, tyre pressure is a very individual thing. What you need will depend on tyre/tube choice, terrain, style, rider weight and numerous other factors. If you're getting lots of flats try a thicker tyre or tube, or throw in a little extra pressure for good measure (Y)

I only run about 15 psi in my back. Not sure i would if it wasn't for the tube, I started using these huge 20x4" monsters that seems to keep you rolling with very little air in them. Seem lots thicker too, haven't had a puncture since I started using them (maybe I'm not trying hard enough :P). They're heavy though.

17psi with a conti rain king (normally 20psi with maxxis)

40 psi on my Inspired

Wow, I put about 25 in mine rain king and that feels bouncy, very comfortable tyre though, one of the best?

Why " :S "?

Exactly!! What was the point of this man? Do you want to get back to new members?