Riders 23 Or Over?

Chambers

To be honest the older "Huh, I've been riding longer than you've been alive" types are the ex-smokers of the trials world, who are equally f**king annoying.

People who think older age is an advantage are IMO completely wrong in a sports/athletics scenario, it's a pretty well known fact that when you are younger you are more supple, fearless and generally much more hardcore :P

How many of you "older" riders do massive gaps and drops, how many of you ride big ? The only older rider I can think of who still rides big is Ashton, but even he is slacking these days !

To be honest the older "Huh, I've been riding longer than you've been alive" types are the ex-smokers of the trials world, who are equally f**king annoying.

People who think older age is an advantage are IMO completely wrong in a sports/athletics scenario, it's a pretty well known fact that when you are younger you are more supple, fearless and generally much more hardcore :P

How many of you "older" riders do massive gaps and drops, how many of you ride big ? The only older rider I can think of who still rides big is Ashton, but even he is slacking these days !

you've got a good point pashley... watching the way any sport has progressed in the last few years, it's usually they younger, faster healing group that comes up with new and ridiculous stunts/tricks. as you get older you have to worry about not being hurt for work/family...gotta pay the bills! ugh.

I am 25, started when I was 14, pretty much always ridden stock. Also dabbled in xc, bmx, dh

Im 25 i have ridden since i was about 13, i ride 24" street and have just as much fun as i did when i started back in the day..

I work most of the time and when not I'm with the wife and daughter or on one of my bikes.

It don't matter how old we are as long as we can have fun and get away from all the hang ups in life work,money,family you get the drift..

but its true we do hurt more we do ride less and we do hold back on stuff due to life!!

sod it and just have fun (Y)

I'm 30, and just picked up trials this spring. I havent been on a bicycle in 13+ years, so its taken me awhile to get back into the swing of things. LOL

I'm just now getting to the point where I dont hurt for days after a good ride. But on the plus side I feel like i'm progresing well.

I'm 26 and from California USA,

I too have been amazed at the younger generation of trials riders, when I got started into trials it was all about Hans Rey, Libor Karas, and Jeff lenosky(SP)

I am stoked that the sport is gaining interest and fading away, It is pretty much non existent at the NORBA series in the USA. I remember watching the competitions of 15-20 novice riders at Big Bear and Mammoth, now I only really see it on youtube.

What age did yous all start at then if yours are roughly around late 20s?

Don't worry, you won't make it past 18, you'll have a Corsa with plastic icescrapers attached to it before you get here.

:P

You never thought that the older people were once the ones pushing the sport before the kids were about? The older people always have the advantage of not being douchebags, but this can differ from time to time.

[edit]

damn morning posts, missing out words

Edited by eskimo

hi there im 26 and from lowestoft right on east coast.still give the young ones a run for their money.

age is only a number

You are still young.

Hello there. I'm Dave and while I haven't purchased another bike yet I'm now on the hunt for one to start riding again at 25 years old. Show the young'uns around my way a thing or two. Hehe. We'll see if it goes to plan. I live in Lowestoft in Suffolk by the way

Dave

You are still young.

No offense but there is a certain amount of bollox being talked there. Please remember that us old gits were once " younger you are more supple, fearless and generally much more hardcore"

I fact with the benefit of hindsight you can substitute "fearless" for "Lack of foresight" and "Hardcore" for stupid.

I've never really got this bigger is better bollox, what about technical?

Big drops are easy, all you have to be is stupid.

Honestly, you will see later.

I'm 25. Been riding and racing since I was 8. Trials is quite new to me though, converted xc whippet. And you're not alone on your mod, wee wheels for the win!

It's reassuring to see there are plenty of older riders here. Am I the only one getting sick of seeing certain 13-15 year olds popping up in members chat saying things that would normally get you punched?

I'm 25. Been riding and racing since I was 8. Trials is quite new to me though, converted xc whippet. And you're not alone on your mod, wee wheels for the win!

It's reassuring to see there are plenty of older riders here. Am I the only one getting sick of seeing certain 13-15 year olds popping up in members chat saying things that would normally get you punched?

:lol: