Onza Cls Proto.

Joe@Onza

Certainly look's different. Remind's me of the Saracen... X-Tort was it? Lol. I'm sure it won't ride like one though.

Guy's calm down... can tell their's some younger folk on here. Sooo much bickering. It's the first prototype as Craig said, lot's will probably change about it before production.

Bit too long for my liking, but then you're taller than me Craig so you will find it alot better than me, as will alot of other taller mod rider's.

or the 375 on account of it's monstrous chain stay length, thats a modest stock size isn't it?

Sure is, about 10mm longer than most mod frames.

yeah im thinking once craigs released a video on it, everyone will want one, just like the python, no one knew how they rode until they bit the bullet and bought one. As I recall, an incarnation of the python had an insane wheelbase length, and barge like stays, yet people still bought them?

Those 'insane wheelbase length' Zoos were the same geo as this, just with different forks. People still bought them for the same reason they'll still buy this - the fact it's Craig's frame.

Geo is perfect if you ask me, if anything could be a bit longer with those chainstays, I'd rather have it at about 1050-1055, like the design aswell. As long as it isn't gold and the price is right, it should be alright that. :P

I like long mods, but a 1050 mod with 375

I feel sorry for you Onza.

You make a bike thats short and everyone says they want a long one, so you make a bike thats longer and everyone says its to long.

Again, it'll sell whatever it's like as it's Craig's frame. He's looked up to, and people are going to want to run his setup. Onza can do pretty much anything they want with it...

It'd be like me doing a comp on a 24" leeson and then constantly complain about how bad 24" street bikes are when anyone ever brings them up.

Or someone saying that every frame that ever comes out should have a disc mount because everyone runs dual disc :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering why you seem to always comment negatively about anything that is away from the type / style of riding you do. It'd be like me doing a comp on a 24" leeson and then constantly complain about how bad 24" street bikes are when anyone ever brings them up. You have the same attitude when anyone brings up TGS 24" bikes or talks about their brakes freezing.

It's nothing personal it's just something I've noticed you do a lot.

I guess I do but if I don't like something, I arn't going to make a positive comment am I? Same as most people. Likewise if I do like something, I'll make a positive comment.

Or someone saying that every frame that ever comes out should have a disc mount because everyone runs dual disc :rolleyes:

That's different, i'm all about increasing the choice. Having a disc mount on frames adds very little cost to the frame and opens it up to a whole range of riders. That's why i'm happy to see that Onza have put a disc mount on this frame, even though most people who ride it will use a maggie, but even if the frames sales increase by 10% because of it it's worth it for Onza and it's good for the trials community who use a rear disc as they have more of a choice.

It's kind of a win win situation.

With regards to Alis attitude...

I guess I do but if I don't like something, I arn't going to make a positive comment am I? Same as most people. Likewise if I do like something, I'll make a positive comment.

That's right, the problem is you make negative comments when you don't like something in a situation where you shouldn't be commenting at all. Do you ever see me leaving negative comments about a new 26" frames' geo, or how I don't like some newly released v backings? Never, because I've never rode stock / vee breaks and know nothing about them. Take the comment you left in this thread for example, instead of just saying it was a nice looking frame, you had to go in and say "but that geo is not my cup of tea, the old python was the worst bike I have ever ridden!" It's like being asked to come try out some new beers and telling them you don't like any single one of them rather than just saying "i don't drink and i don't like beer so it would be useless for me to comment on them".

Unsure on price at the moment, will let you know near the time.

As for the disc mounts, they will be staying, it would be silly to get rid of them. It gives people the option and they dont get in the way if they're not being used. Same as the guard mounts, and its not as if both add much weight to the frame.

It will be a frame that anyone wanting a long mod can ride - magura or disc, guard or no guard.

I want it to be everything you need for the style of trials its made for.

Exactly.

I prefer to use maggies but am always on about why has the skull got no disc tab.

It shouldn't matter really as I use maggies.

However I would like to have the choice so that if it is pissing down and I'm gonna go Au'naturel or just fancy a change I can slap a disc on there for the ride and all is good, no backslapping and no horrible grindy noises coming from my brakes, all is good.

That's different, i'm all about increasing the choice. Having a disc mount on frames adds very little cost to the frame and opens it up to a whole range of riders. That's why i'm happy to see that Onza have put a disc mount on this frame, even though most people who ride it will use a maggie, but even if the frames sales increase by 10% because of it it's worth it for Onza and it's good for the trials community who use a rear disc as they have more of a choice.

It's kind of a win win situation.

With regards to Alis attitude...

That's right, the problem is you make negative comments when you don't like something in a situation where you shouldn't be commenting at all. Do you ever see me leaving negative comments about a new 26" frames' geo, or how I don't like some newly released v backings? Never, because I've never rode stock / vee breaks and know nothing about them. Take the comment you left in this thread for example, instead of just saying it was a nice looking frame, you had to go in and say "but that geo is not my cup of tea, the old python was the worst bike I have ever ridden!" It's like being asked to come try out some new beers and telling them you don't like any single one of them rather than just saying "i don't drink and i don't like beer so it would be useless for me to comment on them".

Maybe I am more positive in my head than on the forum (probably get all my good vibes used up when answering the phones), but I see people who make worse comments than me.

Maybe I am more positive in my head than on the forum (probably get all my good vibes used up when answering the phones), but I see people who make worse comments than me.

Yeah but being a SM slash tartybikes worker slash respected rider slash sponsored rider your opinions are worth 100 times more than most peoples comments on here. Anyway I'll shut up now and get back on topic. :)

Yeah but being a SM slash tartybikes worker slash respected rider slash sponsored rider your opinions are worth 100 times more than most peoples comments on here. Anyway I'll shut up now and get back on topic. :)

Seen as its a FORUM and the topic being a proto frame, even if ali posts negative in other topics him posting negative in this is allways usefull as I know im all for this frame, but if onza get 1o riders who like this frame then also getting 50 others who say its not my cup of tea its need something ect onza have something to go along.

or by what your saying the following would happen,

onza would then get there 10 riders who like it, however the 50 who dont wouldent post there fore when the frame came out of the 10 riders who actually go out and buy one might be 2 or 3, they might loose 10 other sales because they had no feed back.

NOTE: these are all random number.

you have to take negative as it comes, and the reason this post is up here is to see about what people think so far. . . so as a rider ali's post is taken into account, would also like to add even as ali might not be into longer 20" frames ect if someone was to aproch him and say you know of any good looking, good geo afordable long frames he might just say the cls onza looks good and is long.

Mega fan of this frame and a big fan of onza despite thinking they really shouldent call there pro series onza because it sounds shit!

please please please dont wright onza on this frame just leave it pro series the amount of people ive seen riding onzas and as much as there nice frames it says onza on them lofl

Seen as its a FORUM and the topic being a proto frame, even if ali posts negative in other topics him posting negative in this is allways usefull as I know im all for this frame, but if onza get 1o riders who like this frame then also getting 50 others who say its not my cup of tea its need something ect onza have something to go along.

or by what your saying the following would happen,

onza would then get there 10 riders who like it, however the 50 who dont wouldent post there fore when the frame came out of the 10 riders who actually go out and buy one might be 2 or 3, they might loose 10 other sales because they had no feed back.

NOTE: these are all random number.

you have to take negative as it comes, and the reason this post is up here is to see about what people think so far. . . so as a rider ali's post is taken into account, would also like to add even as ali might not be into longer 20" frames ect if someone was to aproch him and say you know of any good looking, good geo afordable long frames he might just say the cls onza looks good and is long.

Mega fan of this frame and a big fan of onza despite thinking they really shouldent call there pro series onza because it sounds shit!

please please please dont wright onza on this frame just leave it pro series the amount of people ive seen riding onzas and as much as there nice frames it says onza on them lofl

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++11111111111111111111111111111111

The only main reason i wouldnt buy an onza, is because its an onza, if it was a zona, id buy it.

This reason because: when riding around, little chav kids come up like ERE M8 ME BRUVAZ M8 AZ AN ONZA TV N E FINKS DER MINT, INT that AN ONZA ASWELL? DER SHIT I think.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++11111111111111111111111111111111

The only main reason i wouldnt buy an onza, is because its an onza, if it was a zona, id buy it.

This reason because: when riding around, little chav kids come up like ERE M8 ME BRUVAZ M8 AZ AN ONZA TV N E FINKS DER MINT, INT that AN ONZA ASWELL? DER SHIT I think.

Made me chuckle... because this actually happens to me loads

There you go if mat smith agrees with me you know something needs doing! :|

I do feel it would of looked much more better for you as a company if it hadent of been onza proseries like tencile

of someone offerd you two exactly the same freewheels one was called onza and the other tencile youd not go for the onza one unless you was ten and liked hedgehogs

I've had this conversation with Andy Green (Comic Book Guy) before- we reckon the best bet would to be to have a completely separate brand (like Zona but maybe a little less obvious!) to release the Pro Series under and leave Onza as the more mainstream and more budget/beginner bikes. Would make lots of marketing sense in my opinion.

P.S. Frame looks quite interesting, look forward to seeing some more pics as a full build and maybe a bit of colour/decals.

I've had this conversation with Andy Green (Comic Book Guy) before- we reckon the best bet would to be to have a completely separate brand (like Zona but maybe a little less obvious!) to release the Pro Series under and leave Onza as the more mainstream and more budget/beginner bikes. Would make lots of marketing sense in my opinion.

P.S. Frame looks quite interesting, look forward to seeing some more pics as a full build and maybe a bit of colour/decals.

Iv had the same talk with andy, think next time it should be a 3way (grinn)

Seen as its a FORUM and the topic being a proto frame, even if ali posts negative in other topics him posting negative in this is allways usefull as I know im all for this frame

You've misunderstood what my issue was, i'm not saying Ali is a negative guy on the whole as he isn't, in fact he's the opposite. When posting a frame like this you're going to get positive comments and negative comments.

Now the negative comments will be spilt into two different reasonings. People who actually ride mods who like long frames but don't quite like this frame in particular, in this case their comments can be considered, but in Ali's case (and not just Ali) he is making a comment coming from his dislike for any really long / TGS / mod frame as he rides a stock and pretty much every other type of riding bar TGS. Now this comment could easily be misinterpreted as a genuine bad comment / constructive criticizing comment which it isn't at all, it's just Ali saying he doesn't like that general area of riding.

It'd be like me going into a topic where the discussion was a new 24" street frame and me posting my dislike for the frame because it has a low-ish BB and a steep head angle. I wouldn't ever do that because I don't have any interest in riding a frame like that. It's better for me to say nothing than something negative.

:)

(like Zona but maybe a little less obvious!)

'Erizo'

That's my vote.

I quite like the look of the frame, looks fresh. Not keen on the geo, but that doesn't bother me as I dont ride TGS and am not a fan of long bikes in general.

For me, as Dave and cocky said, the Onza brand doesnt seem right to put on these frames. For me, Onza and Pro don't mix that nicely.

Its like saying I drive a Lidl Ferrari, it just doesnt work (that was a bit of an extreme example but you catch my drift). Now I'm not slating Onza by any means, as I totally appreciate what they do for the sport, getting the younger kids into it by offering cheap bikes to get them started, so thumbs up top marks.

I just think that perhaps branding them under a different name, thatn doesnt have the reputation of offering bikes to get the kids started in trials, would be a better approach, and might have spurred different reactions from people.

It would (and I'm going back to the cars again) be like Skoda making a £300,000 super car, that could do 290mph. People are going to look and go "...but its a Skoda!" (again an extreme example but you catch my drift).

Anyway, im going totally off the original plot there. Nice frame, looks cool, good geo for the people who are gonna ride it.

Ozone bikes

Too much like Onza and Ozonys illegitimate love child?

Just the name NOT A ONZA would do,

the pro series part sounds good though thats the thing, if you had a frame that just said pro series on it it would look good then if someone asked what frame it is youd say its from supercycles lol

It might just be a few that feel this way, I also feel the same about rockman when someone says this to me I think they used to make pads, then you think if there frames are as shit as there pads im not getting one.

Its not that the name onza sounds wrong as zoo, echo, czar , rockman and monty are all weird names, its just your back ground,

I feel the best named bikes out have to be

koxx

because

adamant

inspired

as they seem to stand out more and have more of a word in them than onza(maybe not koxx)

inspired mostly as thats got to be the best named bike on tarty.

I would buy a frame that just said pro series than have a onza logo on it, your chainstey logo looks really well.

I really think you should let craig have a play with with the pro series logo and see what he can come up with and I alo recomend if you do take this into account please dont then call it anything like an ice, skull , t-bird , blade or anything along the lines.

any idea when the frame will come out? and do you think they would be much more chance of stiffening your magura up a little joe? as both the ice and the new 320 flexes loads, maybe put the booster from the old limeys in?

I disagree a bit.

ONZA may have a reputation for budget bikes but if they continue making good pro-series frames that problem-ascociation will eventually fizzle out and the ONZA Pro series will have a rep of it's own separate to ONZA itself.

Make some pro series components to go with it, I personally don't rate tensile stuff, and yer on to a winner.

I think a better plan would be to upgrade the whole product range, not drastically just in minor ways, like getting rid of the obscene steel forks, they are just ridiculous and developing some better brake levers because they suck big time, for example.

This would bring ONZA generally in line with the new quality of frames.

But at the end of the day someone has to supply budget bikes because not everyone can afford a monty, koxx or rockman and believe if another company moved in to replace onza they could be alot worse.

I agree entirely with the dodgy names though, but what are you gonna call them then?

Limey was good when it had like the union jack on it but the 'Mob' names, I don't know where that crap came from.

Hitman? Cleaner? Ice? Names obv. aimed at the sub 12yr old market to be honest.

But then what is Maladie and manus all about eh?

Why bother naming them at all? For product identification I suppose.

WD40 is about the only product that is sensibly named in existence really, all names sound dumb if you say them enough.

It would (and I'm going back to the cars again) be like Skoda making a £300,000 super car, that could do 290mph. People are going to look and go "...but its a Skoda!" (again an extreme example but you catch my drift).

:angry:

Don't f**k with Skodas man....

I don't like the look of the frame, but I'm not the target audience, and good on them for offering a different frame for people to buy.