Powerballs..

RazGman

How often do you use it? I stand by my comment :P

Actually I'm just being difficult. I'm sure they are useful for a very small minority of people. My aunty's a physio and she says it can be useful for certain things - but not just spinning it as fast as you can. You have to do the proper exercises. I think for the average person, there's no point buying it as a way to increase your hand strength - you'll use it once in a blue moon when you've got friends around and see who can get the high score.

Nooo, that's for the one with no rev counter. The proper one (the one you definitely want) is £17.

Every day, usually for half an hour or so, got the one with a rev counter. When i'm using it i very rarely go for max revs, just sit there and spin at mid revs for as long as i can; usually whilst watching a film.

Nooo, that's for the one with no rev counter. The proper one (the one you definitely want) is £17.

I figured £8.99 is fine, if I bought the £17.99 one and didn't like it I'd have been pissed off lol.

If it's good fun / actually does any good I'll buy the better one.

Every day, usually for half an hour or so, got the one with a rev counter. When i'm using it i very rarely go for max revs, just sit there and spin at mid revs for as long as i can; usually whilst watching a film.

Yeah, that's definitely the way to use them if you actually wanna get strong.

You can get them from Play.com at the higher price (£17), which seems to be about the going rate for a "proper" one. Let us know if you find it cheaper.

I got the powerball signature series, powerball.jpg to be honest i don't think it would be worth getting this one as it's £27.99 and the only difference is it has lights as it spins, But if you do get a powerball definitely make sure its got a dital counter on it so it records the spins, My hightest score so far is 12120

Actually I'm just being difficult. I'm sure they are useful for a very small minority of people. My aunty's a physio and she says it can be useful for certain things - but not just spinning it as fast as you can. You have to do the proper exercises. I think for the average person, there's no point buying it as a way to increase your hand strength - you'll use it once in a blue moon when you've got friends around and see who can get the high score.

That can be said for any training equipment though. Dumbells would be as little use if you again didn't use them properly and only got them out when your mates came over to see who could lift the heaviest weight. Yet if used properly they are the most effective and simple way of building body mass and strength. Heck the same principle could apply to anything, using a computer as a paperweight is rather pointless, using a car as a doorstop, using a bus to block the light from the lounge window at night instead of using curtains.

Yeah, but you're missing my point:

Dumbells are for training.

Powerballs are for pissing around and having competitions with your mates. Trying to use one for muscle training is like, I dunno, using a bus to block the light from the lounge window at night instead of using curtains :D

Yeah, but you're missing my point:

Dumbells are for training.

Powerballs are for pissing around and having competitions with your mates. Trying to use one for muscle training is like, I dunno, using a bus to block the light from the lounge window at night instead of using curtains :D

Well that depends on your viewpoint. Powerballs and weights both describe themselves as being for muscle gain and improving fitness. So it's only your opinion that's limiting you to seeing it as being a gimmicky toy. If you get a powerball and see how fast you can go for a solid 2 minutes you'll notice your arms aching the next day. That's having an effect on your muscles and if you keep at it continuously you'll increase in strength and technique. If someone was going to use it as a muscle training device, that's what it is. Just becuase you use it for messing around with mates doesn't mean everyone will.

Who else has lost the string to start it off? Have to start mine by raggin it across the carpet :{

Amateur, I just give it a flick with my finger to get it going.

I hold it in my weak hand then press quite hard at the edge and flick downwards.

I got the powerball signature series, powerball.jpg to be honest i don't think it would be worth getting this one as it's £27.99 and the only difference is it has lights as it spins, But if you do get a powerball definitely make sure its got a dital counter on it so it records the spins, My hightest score so far is 12120

Ahahaha, guys I bought the same for 100$ in Russia couple years ago. It just a blinking toy with all of those 'lights' inside :). Mentioned as a wrist training thing... LOL Actually I got a record of 11500 or so and after 5-6 times shows to my friends it was left in dust for ages. :) Not worth to spend a cent on it, but only if your goal is to draw chick's attention with lights. :D

Edited by Shy D.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had one for about a month now and use it for about 15 - 20 mins each day. The co-ordination in my left hand has greatly improved, it has also strengthened the tendons in my wrists (left wrist a significant difference) and it has enlarged and toned the muscles in my forearms. I bought one to improve my grip which should help with my riding and other activities i do like windsurfing, judo, fixing my car as well as general day to day activities.

I got the neon blue one from play.com for around £16 - got 12,something before but accidentaly reset the counter >_< 11,947 is my best so far.

Basically they're amazing, buy one, end of! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

13k is a lot harder than I thought...

Been getting over 12k with my left too.

thats mental gettin that high in both hands. As for losing the string, then HAVING to get it going yourself.. well.. thats all part of the fun <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...