New Rockman Slate2 Bike

Savage

Spectacular looking frame and frame design. They really know how to make a frame that works. However, I'm not sure this would be a frame for me. I find 380 cs too short with high bb, makes the bike feel way too twitchy imo. There really is no need for a chainstay that hugs the tire, these bikes arn't made to be doing spinny moves. Longer stays with high bb feels soooo much more controlled when on two wheels and the rear wheel. I am not fond of short front ends, especially with high bb. I think the geo should look more like a YaaBaa Stinger, we definitely need more high bb bikes with 390 cs!!!

I like it, frame looks really clean and smart, graphics look good, font for the text looks poor. Position of the booster is interesting. Will it have the same tensioning issues i know some people have had with the original Slate? Is the reasoning for these short CS so that the chain tension is correct with 18:15 gearing a new chain and the minimalist dropouts? Seems like a a few frames are like this.

What is the actual geo? 1080 is fairly short, but that's with a set of Rockman forks i guess. I guess as the CS are short the length is in the top tube and so the reach wont be too bad with the +50mm bb rise.

nicest rockman frame ive seen, looks proper cool!! nice welding too

It honestly is the nicest welding I have seen.

Im pretty sure its made of U6 too which is a big plus... like the old echo pures/zoo boas etc - light n strong.

can you please confirm the geo??? I was told 1080.380.50 is this stil right?

cheers for postin pics :)

Yes it is made from U6.

It is 1090, 380, +55, 71.5

Ben.

It doesn't look like a sponsored rider's bike, in a way. Just sorta seems a little thrown together, like if I was Rockman I'd want it to look a bit more 'pro' for want of a better word. Still, if it rides nicely then that's all good...