New Rockman Slate2 Bike

Savage

Just as long as it gets taken on board. I dont think bad language sets a very good example when it comes from a moderator, no matter what the situation or the **'s used.

Thank you

F*%^ off, you f&%$$^% w*&$^%*

:P

I personally am going to jump on the 'nice frame, mis-mash parts let the overall bike look down' bandwagon (that's not an insult for those stupid enough to think it is).

How come none of you little fan-boys down in Wales seem to be able to grasp that I was purely talking about how his bike looked, not about how good he was as a rider?

Same goes for you Ozzy. I know it took you about 3-4 posts to realise that when I said that I didn't think his bike looked nice that I meant that I didn't think it looked nice, but come on...

Which is exactly what I said, so f**k off trying to be a dick to me.

lol mark you know i love you really, and whats wrong with living in wales?

and im not a bum boy at all, iv just seen the bike in real life and its looks much better than in the pics.... some one gotta stick up for ben on this one, and by the way i like stans bike to... even if it is a bit orange

every ones got there own likes and dislikes just the way it goes...

I was refering to it just in the way that it doesn't look like a nice bike, pretty much. Like if you look at Stan's bike, it's a pretty good example of a 'sponsored' bike because everything looks rad, and it looks like a bike you'd want to ride or own:

stansky3.jpg

When you look at Ben's it just sorta looks thrown together, e.g. red caged pedals, green headset, etc. There's a pretty clear difference between the two, and that's all I was commenting on really. Just seemed like it wasn't a very Rockman-y setup, but I guess that could be because he's only recently been sponsored by them.

Geeeeze warn me bofore u post up pics of little kiddes bike (Sunglasses on! B))

Yer bikes are to be hopped on in my opinion nott o hang on your bed room wall and come all over it! then it deffo wouldnt look like a pros bike :P

i do think people are being a lil bit harsh, just cus i dont look like stans bike, all matching colours and stuff, after all its a prototype and bens trying different parts to see what works best, not what looks best, and as hes only just got the frame i believe hes waiting on more rockman stuff to turn up in the post all the way fron singapore....

i can see what people are saying.. take the bit of tape off the forks and change the colour of the pedals and grips and it would look mint, the pics dont do it any justice at all, looks really nice in the flesh....

maybe ben should post some pics of him ridding it and mark you could post some of stan on his bike, see which one looks most PRO.........

Yer It's not how the bike looks its how it rides sausages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER THAT!

You'd probably be better off PMing me directly if you want to have a little dig, Andrew...

chuckie egg simmer down it's a picture of a bike and your fuming about it! your supposed to be mod ( now act like one)!

Edited by Mr Clayton

I don't really understand a lot of what you wrote there, but from what I did understand I didn't say it shouldn't look like it hasn't been ridden, and I also wasn't 'fuming' about it. I made one comment about how I thought I looked, Ozzy started getting uppity about it, Dave waded in and now you have too? Dave, Ozzy and Ben have basically agreed with what I first said, so I don't get why you're saying that either. I said I didn't think it looked like a sponsored rider's bike because it was a mishmash of colours and parts. Dave said that he thought it would look better if it didn't have all mis-matching parts. Ben then also said that. How is what I said any different? Ozzy made me explain to the tiniest detail what I meant, and by using an example of Stan's bike I appear to have pissed on everyone's chips. I purely used Stan's bike because I had it in a folder on my desktop so I could just lob it up rather than having to search for a photo of Vincent's bike or whatever, it wasn't me trying to say - as Dave randomly tried to suggest - that Stan was better than Ben or anything like that, it's just that Ozzy couldn't get his head around the fact that having a load of random coloured bits on a bike doesn't look great and wanted me to explain why so I used one picture as an example.

Just to clarify it for you and everyone else seeing as everyone seems to want to have a pop:

It doesn't look like a sponsored rider's bike, in a way. Just sorta seems a little thrown together, like if I was Rockman I'd want it to look a bit more 'pro' for want of a better word. Still, if it rides nicely then that's all good...

The bike looks great, but the miss matched colors take a little of the wow factor away.

In the end...best looking Rockman frame to date!

Frame looks awesome, bike looks like a miss mash of old onza parts, hope teams bits and bits from your shop you had lying around. But hey if it rides nicely (Y)

i do think people are being a lil bit harsh, just cus i dont look like stans bike, all matching colours and stuff, after all its a prototype and bens trying different parts to see what works best, not what looks best, and as hes only just got the frame i believe hes waiting on more rockman stuff to turn up in the post all the way fron singapore....

i can see what people are saying.. take the bit of tape off the forks and change the colour of the pedals and grips and it would look mint, the pics dont do it any justice at all, looks really nice in the flesh....

maybe ben should post some pics of him ridding it and mark you could post some of stan on his bike, see which one looks most PRO.........

hmmm, the complete bike isnt really doing anything for me...but the frame itself looks great

i can see what people mean by the 'pro bike look'...reguardless of how well he rides, id have expected rockman to want to ensure the bike looks the part as well as rides well (isnt that part of the reason being sponsoring a rider?! to show off your stuff in the best way?!)

f**king sick as.....looks pimp with all the little coloured parts!

People are just looking for and argument mate....ignore....i know what your saying, however i like all the different coloured parts, but the red pedels stand out too much!

I guess the bike rides nice, but when it comes to the looks, I agree with Mark..

You're an idiot.

Frame looks ok, bike is horrendous. That is all.

Best put the handbags away ey boys?

First off I agree that Stans bike looks very nice but it is what it is – an example of how a new bike can look. I change frames to often now to throw a new set of components at every frame I build and ride. Things snap and brake, I replace the bits with whatever colour I have around. To be honest I'm not fussed if for example the gold hubs don't go with my blue brake mounts.

I personally am going to jump on the 'nice frame, mis-mash parts let the overall bike look down' bandwagon (that's not an insult for those stupid enough to think it is).

I even said in my original post that if it rides nicely then that's all good. Ben's explained why it looks like it does, everyone's hunky dorey.

I think Mark's was a fair comment - not sure why all the missiles got trained on him though?!

Maybe the Bike Pictures sub-forum says too much about a lot of us - there's a lot of worry about getting a bike looking just right, with colour-coded or fashionable colours, regardless of how it will suit the rider. How many times have we heard "Anyone know where I can get white hubs?" or "XXXX has awesome looking bars - what are they?".

When all is said and done, Ben's riding speaks for itself, and maybe that's actually proof that you can have the nicest/looking/lightest bike in the world, but it ain't gonna bag a world title for you.

I invite as much flak as you all like - Mark needs a break!!!

I was refering to it just in the way that it doesn't look like a nice bike, pretty much. Like if you look at Stan's bike, it's a pretty good example of a 'sponsored' bike because everything looks rad, and it looks like a bike you'd want to ride or own:

stansky3.jpg

When you look at Ben's it just sorta looks thrown together, e.g. red caged pedals, green headset, etc. There's a pretty clear difference between the two, and that's all I was commenting on really. Just seemed like it wasn't a very Rockman-y setup, but I guess that could be because he's only recently been sponsored by them.

cant quite believe no ones commented on the fact that stans bike says a rude word on his rear tyre(fanny) surely thats gotta be ones of the most unprofessional things iv even seen from a sponsored ridder....

isnt that setting a bad example of his sponsors?

Ozzy, I know in my original post in this thread you completely failed to understand what I meant and I had to spell out painfully clearly what I meant because you simply couldn't grasp it, but surely even you can realise that I didn't at anywhere in my last post say that Dave wasn't entitled to an opinion, and wasn't allowed to express it? I was simply surprised that Dave is still so upset that I didn't like the colour of Ben's pedals that he's still trying to find a new way to have a little dig (even though he's about a month too late with that post).

cant quite believe no ones commented on the fact that stans bike says a rude word on his rear tyre(fanny) surely thats gotta be ones of the most unprofessional things iv even seen from a sponsored ridder....

isnt that setting a bad example of his sponsors?

ROLLING

ON

THE

FLOOR

LAUGHING

MY

ASS

OFF

Why does it say that on his tyre?

Pukka

:lol:

Ozzy, I know in my original post in this thread you completely failed to understand what I meant and I had to spell out painfully clearly what I meant because you simply couldn't grasp it, but surely even you can realise that I didn't at anywhere in my last post say that Dave wasn't entitled to an opinion, and wasn't allowed to express it? I was simply surprised that Dave is still so upset that I didn't like the colour of Ben's pedals that he's still trying to find a new way to have a little dig (even though he's about a month too late with that post).

do one....