Films!?

ogre

• 1 month later...

Not visited this thread for a while to avoid spoilers.

Dunkirk was good, didn't get the kid on the boat thing. Did nothing but act like a bitch, make mistakes and went down as a hero? Rest of the movie was great though.

The Last Jedi was utter dogshit. Hated it. The death of Snoke was the biggest WTF for me. Absolutely no character development for him. The plot didn't really seem to move in any direction. I don't get how they're going to wrap all this up in the last movie.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2018 at 1:55 PM, Tom Booth said:

I might go see infinity war again tonight :lol:

Even if your no marvel fan it's fantastic.

I'm going to go and see again some time this week in Imax now that I've seen it on a regular screen. Can't believe they pulled it off so well - I know it's one of those things to say a blockbuster deserves an Oscar but I'm pretty sure it does.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just made a list of what I consider 'must see' films for a mate and figured I'd stick it in here as well.

american history x
blood diamond
control
drive
eternal sunshine of a spotless mind
fight club
four lions
into the wild
the lives of others (german)
man on fire
a prophet (french)
the pursuit of happiness
requiem for a dream
this is england
trainspotting

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2018 at 7:15 PM, Milford Cubicle said:

Just made a list of what I consider 'must see' films for a mate and figured I'd stick it in here as well.

american history x
blood diamond
control
drive
eternal sunshine of a spotless mind
fight club
four lions
into the wild
the lives of others (german)
man on fire
a prophet (french)
the pursuit of happiness
requiem for a dream
this is england
trainspotting

Man on Fire is top of every list, ever.

Edited by LEON

1 hour ago, Milford Cubicle said:

Its a good film and I'd recommend watching it but I wouldn't consider it to be on the level of any of the films in that list.

I guess I've got a lot of movies to watch then.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

Why do they just keep remaking shit? It's getting super boring now.

I agree, the worst of all is anything Marvel/DC, they're just not even trying anymore, as long as it makes money. BUT.....I will make an exception for Godzilla, but every time America gets hold of him they make him extremely fat.

It was 4 years ago, but that was just a plain Godzilla film, although it was great it was just Godzilla and one new monster. But King of the Monsters came out in 1956 and this will feature a load of others that were in the original too so it's long overdue. I'm a Godzilla nerd and nothing like this has been done in a long time.

I've really tried to watch modern Marvel and DC stuff but it's basically all the same, over the top cgi, I can guess what's going to happen and I'm usually right, generic big Hollywood names in costumes almost being killed by the baddie then surviving and the world is safe, rinse, repeat. Couple of the Wolverines were ok, Deadpool was alright, Ryan Reynolds is cool. The Captain America actor has less charisma than my balls though, I find him unwatchable.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Rusevelt said:

Any idea what the running time of King Of The Monsters is expected to be?

Quite long I've heard so to prevent yourself from shutting down part way through I would recommend plugging yourself into to the nearest wall socket 

• Like 2