Films!?

ogre

I'm about 80% into Glass and I have no idea what's going on and most of it was pretty boring.

Only good thing is James McAvoy's acting.

The more I think about it, the more I dislike Endgame.

The humour in it was mostly really forced. Like fat Thor and the Hulk selfie scene. 

I didn't like the Hulk at all, being completely conscious.

Really weird pacing.

Too complicated for a Marvel film, with such a huge cast.

Too long. A lot of stuff could have easily been cut out without effecting the story.

On 10/05/2019 at 10:29 AM, JT! said:

Ah f**k.

Didn't know Split was even a thing.

If you're a fan of James McAvoy's acting defintely watch Split, I'd say it's the best of the three by a pretty big margin. 

38 minutes ago, Mikee said:

The more I think about it, the more I dislike Endgame.

The humour in it was mostly really forced. Like fat Thor and the Hulk selfie scene. 

I didn't like the Hulk at all, being completely conscious.

Really weird pacing.

Too complicated for a Marvel film, with such a huge cast.

Too long. A lot of stuff could have easily been cut out without effecting the story.

The more I've thought about Endgame the more I've liked it, time travel always gives me a bit of a headache but I think they did it really well. The smaller character bits are what really stuck with me, don't want to go into spoilers too much but the military base section was great. 

The hulk I do agree with though, even if they showed how that came to be I could have got on board with it but the u-turn from the previous version to the selfie version was a bit lame. 

I've been to see it again and I can see both sides, I think end game was kinda light hearted and humoured as infinity war was a pretty serious film so they wanted to bring it back to the level of the last 2 avengers movies.

I really enjoyed it again a second time, I've watched a few other of the marvel films since and realised how many bits and pieces it ties up.

I think they have to walk such a narrow line between what they wanna do, what's possible and keeping it relatively close to the comics. I've noticed alot of stuff they just straight out ignore from the comic story lines, or fabricate to keep the timeline straight I guess. Eitherway I really enjoy it, cant wait to see what phase 4 brings and who's up next.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/13/2019 at 4:10 PM, Tony Harrison said:

Watched "Calibre", pretty intense film, worth watching.

That was excellent, try "Bad day for the cut" too if you liked Calibre.

Edit, just realised I'm about 20 months late.

Edited by LEON

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...