A 2010 Trials Festival

mintsauce

EDIT 5th May:

Final insurance details ares sorted.

Pre-registration opens on the Tarty Bikes website in the next few days.

Trials Chat Topic

---------------------

EDIT on the 13th April:

The Bike Fest will present tarty Days for 2010

check out THIS THREAD for more details

---------------------

EDIT on 18TH MARCH:

Good news!

A well known and loved company with a strong association with the UK trials scene (any guesses?) is offering to support the event pending confirmation of the final details.

Keep the 11th-13th June 2010 free in your diaries!

-----------------------

The cogs are in motion for a huge UK Trials Festival in 2010.

At the moment the idea is in its infancy, all details are subject to change and all the info I currently have I am sharing with you.

At this stage I would like to know if this is of interest to people and for your general thoughts on the idea.

Details as they stand:

- Location: North Wales (this is set and not open to discussion)

- Dates: 11th-13th June 2010

- Duration: Fri aft - Sun

- Camping on site with parking, toilets, power supply and showers included

- Massive custom built trials arena.

- Title Sponsor: We are in talks with the main UK protagonists

- Evening bonfires and BBQs

- Much, much, more...

Cost: £10. To partially cover hire of the land, equipment, parking, camping site, showers, toilets, power supply etc etc.

It seems from the quotes below, taken from the forum recently, that there may indeed be support for such a festival.

Looking forward to the feedback.

Bring it on!!!

--------------------

Quotes taken from THIS thread:

Now that Koxx days have done one ie moved, so to far now for most brits, i think its time for TARTYDAYS here in the UK .........

Think that would be an amazing idea, surely we have the venues, we certainly have the people; would be amazing.

I agree, It would be especially good for those who could never of made it to Koxx days. plus i think it would also attract a lot of international riders too. seeing as, like Koxx, Tartybikes is known in so many other countries other than the U.K.

good idea.

Edited by mintsauce

This sounds brilliant! I'll definitely be coming along!

If you write any press releases etc., send them over and I'll publish them on Tribal Zine, and we'd certainly like to cover the event and put up any photos or videos (with links to the makers' sites etc.) afterwards.

If we can do anything else to help out, let me know (Y)

*EXCITED*

EDIT: there's a Tyke Trial round on the 9th of May and a national on the 16th, so it might be a good idea to avoid those dates

Edited by Ben Swales

Isn't Ogwen a bit touch and go regarding rangers 'n' stuff? I thought it wasn't a totally open area, so maybe having loads and loads of riders getting amongst it simultaneously might not be a great idea?

Point taken. Even though local knowledge of where exactly to ride would go a long way in aliviating any potential problems it might not fully eliminate them. It's something to look into, thanks for bringing it up.

I climb regularly with some of the rangers so I'll talk to them. If it's an idea worth pursuing (i.e. there is enough interest from people in having the option to ride mountain natty on one day of the festival) then we'd need clearance to ride one of the quieter areas. The two valleys have almost limitless potential and scope for riding; it's not difficult getting away from the ramblers. (Y)

This sounds brilliant! I'll definitely be coming along!

If you write any press releases etc., send them over and I'll publish them on Tribal Zine, and we'd certainly like to cover the event and put up any photos or videos (with links to the makers' sites etc.) afterwards.

If we can do anything else to help out, let me know (Y)

Great thanks, I'll take you up on that offer.

There's a Tyke Trial round on the 9th of May and a national on the 16th, so it might be a good idea to avoid those dates

Cheers - it's stuff like this that is great to know now rather then later! (Y)

Edited by mintsauce

excellent idea. never been able to afford koxxdays so this is the perfect chance for all trial riders in the UK for a big meet and ride-off.

is it not easier to work on something privately owned? like most festivals in the UK they're just farmer's land, then its a case of getting enough obstacles to keep everyone happy? just maybe a thought, with accessibility and of course with an event like this you'd want it to be far enough from civilization (so the rowdy ones don't do anything too stupid) but close enough for emergency services? i.e. ambulance - hopefully won't be needing any of them.. i don't know much about the proposed area but its worth a thought.

steve

I'm glad a few people have expressed interest. We'd need large numbers to make it viable.

If this is the sort of event you'd attend then please let me know and share your thoughts.

is it not easier to work on something privately owned? like most festivals in the UK they're just farmer's land, then its a case of getting enough obstacles to keep everyone happy? just maybe a thought, with accessibility and of course with an event like this you'd want it to be far enough from civilization (so the rowdy ones don't do anything too stupid) but close enough for emergency services? i.e. ambulance - hopefully won't be needing any of them.. i don't know much about the proposed area but its worth a thought.

steve

Thanks for your thoughts. It festival itself will be on privately owned land; far enough away from anywhere that there'll be no problems about having a huge party at night but close enough to a town to drive and get supplies. The idea of having a natural trials group ride (mentioned above) is maybe what you are referring to - that would be on National Park land and may, in part because of the reasons you stated, not be feasible.

The June dates look the most likely choice at the moment.

This is sounding really promising. As Jack Meek prooved last year, its possible to get huge interest just from this forum along. I would certainly be up for it. I think a big arena typre trial course could keep everyone happy. But if theres one thing you do do, please, please make it SPEEDTRIALS!!

-Andy

This is sounding really promising. As Jack Meek prooved last year, its possible to get huge interest just from this forum along. I would certainly be up for it. I think a big arena typre trial course could keep everyone happy. But if theres one thing you do do, please, please make it SPEEDTRIALS!!

-Andy

yes speed trials make it a team thing as Butler/Slinger love it will there be a CASH prize ???

bring it on lol

Dave

anymore deets Matt?

Not yet unfortunately mate.

I've not been able to put any time into it recently because of other riding commitments.

I'm away now for a week skiing but when I'm back in the UK I'll get on it.

Unless things happen soon it'll have to wait until 2011 which would be a shame (I need more hours in the day!).

The more support shown on here by people then the more likely I'll be able to convince sponsors to get involved and make this happen.

It's obviously a risk if I front the cost of booking the facilities, showers, course building etc etc then people don't attend! :S

I know it can work and there is potential for it to be amazing.

Keep your thoughts coming please.

yes speed trials make it a team thing as Butler/Slinger love it will there be a CASH prize ???

bring it on lol

Dave

Dave am I right in thinking that this was, at least in part, a comment made in jest?

I'm sure speed trials could be on the menu but even winning it certainly won't mean you'd be able to retire early!

The idea of the festival is about like minded people coming together, having a great time and doing what we love.

Obviously if a big name sponsor were to support the event then..... :-:D