Getting Pulled?

Boswell

Got pulled over at work for speeding and the cop decided to ignore the fact I had a bald tyre, tinted windows and a headlight out and just gave me some nice words of advice! What are your experiences of getting pulled?

Edited by Boswell

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OfpZQm4cpao/SSMAnC-LpfI/AAAAAAAABA0/nfoyQEM1aMU/s400/fatal_car_accident_001.JPEG

Funny huh.

No.

Speeding i can deal with, as long as it isn't insane oe in a built up area, but driving a car that could potentially kill you or someone else?

No thats just stupid, Headlight out? Thats a £5 fix and tyres are so cheap now, you have no excuse.

Anyhoo, well done for not getting arrested.

No it was a general aim, I try to censor my posts on here, because its an online forum anyone can read, and I wouldn't want some people reading some of the shit I would post on here otherwise.

If you get me

I think some of us tend to forget it's a public forum and anyone can see it, I've posted some things before and then thought 'f**k, edit edit edit'

Check out everyone getting on their high horse, like all you drivers have never got in a car you knew wasn't quite right :rolleyes:

Anyway, my experiences getting pulled are generally bad ones. Mainly because it used to happen almost every time I ever went out in my MK2, and mostly because it's usually complete arseholes who pull me and spend half an hour searching my car and asking me rediculous questions like "why are your windows steamed up?" "because it's cold and I've only just got in my freezing cold car, you remember? You just watched me get in it and start it right before you followed me for 2 miles...".

That is if I even got as far as getting in the car, I got stopped just walking towards it once when they made me prove i had the keys, that they fit the door, then the ignition, then made me start the engine, then checked the cars details, then checked my details, then gave me some bullshit excuse for pissing me around and followed me most of the way home :mellow:

Which isn't as good as the pair of dicks that did follow me all the way home, and when I stopped outside my house they come over and hit me with "why weren't you wearing a seatbelt?" ...I was, I'd just that second taken it off to get out of the car but they wouldn't have it :mellow:

But my all time favorite was the one who pulled me over because of my old German plates (which was fair enough) then after 10 minutes sat in the back of his car while he wrote a ticket out, came out with

Police: also your rear wheels stick out past the arch which is an offence but I'll let you off with that

Me: what do you mean let me off? They don't stick out past the arch at all?

P: yes they do

M: no.... They don't, I made sure they didn't when I fitted them...

P: come with me then

*Police man walks over to car, produces a pen from pocket, kneels down, hold pen to arch and wheel*

P: there you go.

M: there I go what? The pen is perfectly level?

P: well other police might not be so kind

M: :huh:

P: anyway get those plates changed!

And off he went, bellend!

No police have ever looked twice driving the Mondeo or my Audi ;)

I've been pulled three times, once because I was riving a car with a rear bulb out (no warning or anything, just to let me know it was out).

Also for a switch in the mini, the end lights up blue (its the colour of the main beam light on my dash) an as its quite bright they told me to swap it so I don't get any further trouble.

An the other time was for sliding on ice, and the chap was being an arse an though I was trying to drift, and then accused my car of all sorts of things like bald tyres (despite they were Yokohamas, which are neigh on bald anyway).

been driving for 5 years now and not been pulled once.

Well ok thats a lie, I got followed to work once and then asked to sit in the back of their car, but that was just to check I had insurance for that car as it said it was registered to a older woman (my mum) and me'n Mark looked suspicious.

Me and a mate of mine got pulled 2 years ago when towing the Series 3 shed back to his so we could weld up the diffs and generally make it into a £50 off road monster for a day.

My mate driving his 2a, only 17, me at 14 steering a completely rotten and officially scrapped Series 3 on an A-frame ratchet strapped the the front bumper and a lighting board stuck to the back of the truck. Got pulled over by some absolutely sound traffic cops, I was chatting with one of them about all sorts of stuff who also had Land Rovers, my mate chatted to the other one and to be honest it was actually a really nice experience haha!

Apparently all of the above was fine, just the 2a we were towing with came up as uninsured even though it was.

I can see myself getting pulled a lot in mine though, when it's on the road...

get pulled on the motorbike as an almost regular occurence, got stopped, details, bike, cross examined, thern had the copper recommend a good upgrade :S

and my new motor, which is the least legal and most obnoxious i've hardly ever been pulled on!!, (its good to be on the road its just the minor details of the laws may not be fulfilled).

also bald tyre- doman and skoze are right to grill, everytime i get on the bike i check my bro's and dads car because i know they don't check regularly. there's a reason there is a law about it!!

also got followed from plymouth to whitsand beach by a traffic unit, oooops, i was riding like a tool if i'm honest but in the end all they gave me was a grilling about the fact i've no speedo, (ironically a traffic offence but now an MOT requirement!!)

also got followed from plymouth to whitsand beach by a traffic unit, oooops, i was riding like a tool if i'm honest but in the end all they gave me was a grilling about the fact i've no speedo, (ironically a traffic offence but now an MOT requirement!!)

Really? I never thought they checked it? Maybe that's just us knowing the tester's a bit too well haha!

You got that truck yet dude? :P

Agreed, it's so easy to fix its unbeleivable, and how people don't notice i'll never know. IMO we should be made to carry spare bulb kits. Not to mention the amount of cars i've followed this month with 2 outta 3 of their brake lights not working, and one with one brake light failure, and nothing but a single, very dim tail light covered in dirt.

I've not been pulled in over 5 years although i did drive through a no entry sign once into a train station car park (in Milton Keynes so it counts as public highway) and a traffic copp flagged me and gave me the 'lucky i don't fine you and give you millions of points' new driver scare tactic.

I get pulled literally aalll the time, simply because I'm always playing hip hop/d&b and my car is stickered up and generally looks a bit dodgy. They always give some bullshit excuse like 'just checking for insurance' and then try an search the whole car an shit :blink: As if you can't do that without even stopping me. Is good fun f**king about with them and pretending I'm well scared of them searching my car even when there's nothing bad in it though :lol:

Got pulled the first day I got my very first car. Went to pick my brother up in town with the girlfriend, a copper came up behind me, not riding my arse, but close enough to make a newly passed driver to shit his pants a little.

Turned down a side road to park up in a carpark to wait for brother, but he flashed my down and pulled me over.

Said I was going too slow around the previous corner and thought I was drink driving, yet I wasn't old enough to drink. Breathalised me and gave me a big lecture and all this shit, I just sat there a nodded like a little girl. He obviously had f**k all to do that night as when my brother came down to the car the copper nearly jumped out and had a go at him for just walking over.

Since then haven't been pulled but my brother has a good few times, as he used to hang around with some muppets and the local jobsworthy police always try and get one up on him by checking the car for faults, shame hes a trainee mechanic so there never will be any.

Anyhoo... not got any time for the police, as like teenagers a few of them give the rest a bad rep.

Edited by The Hitcher

Agreed, it's so easy to fix its unbeleivable, and how people don't notice i'll never know. IMO we should be made to carry spare bulb kits. Not to mention the amount of cars i've followed this month with 2 outta 3 of their brake lights not working, and one with one brake light failure, and nothing but a single, very dim tail light covered in dirt.

I've not been pulled in over 5 years although i did drive through a no entry sign once into a train station car park (in Milton Keynes so it counts as public highway) and a traffic copp flagged me and gave me the 'lucky i don't fine you and give you millions of points' new driver scare tactic.

I already do, its not the fact that people can't see me that bothers me, not being able to see the road would scare the shit out of me, it is retarded, i agree.

Check out everyone getting on their high horse, like all you drivers have never got in a car you knew wasn't quite right :rolleyes:

If that was aimed at me I wasn't on a high hose I was just saying I'd be very carefull about saying what I got away with on a public forum, I get pulled a fair ammount, got 3 stop and go's on my motorbike for high way code infringements, and a fair few times in my car because I'm generally driving at 4am. around Southend, in a brand new car, with a face like a 12 year old.