Getting Pulled?

Boswell

If that was aimed at me I wasn't on a high hose I was just saying I'd be very carefull about saying what I got away with on a public forum

Not aimed at anyone specifically, just the first handful of replies were "You're an idiot, you're probably going to crash and die, and take someone else out with you. I hope it hurts like hell you b*stard"

Edited by Jolfa

I'm yet to be pulled in 2 and a half years driving, all but 4 months of which has been in modified 80's VW's, haha. Keep expecting too though, as I look quite young still (still get ID'd 99% of the time) and I'm driving around in a modified hot hatch that's group 14 insurance. Everything's 100% legit though, so I'm not too fussed either way really, all mods declared to insurance, and everything on the car's either TUV approved or OEM from other cars, so it's not like it's bodged at all.

Think it helps living in the country though, the cops seem to have better stuff to do normally, as they're patrolling a much larger area usually.

I'm thinking I'm gunna have to get used to being pulled once the mini's on the road though.

I've been pulled once, nothing wrong at all though.

There was an incident in the town with 4 guys attacking someone.

So the police where stopping every car with groups of people in it, including myself.

I can't see the facination in getting away with driving a dangerous car...

Never been pulled in the 2 years that I've been on the road with mopeds and now my motorbike.

I play everything by the book, and always smile whenever I see a police car behind me, knowing that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my; insurance, tax, mot, bike, or my gear. Even my exhaust is declared on the insurance.

So much so, that my front tyre is nearing legal limits, so I'm limiting how much I'm out on it.

Agreed, it's so easy to fix its unbeleivable, and how people don't notice i'll never know. IMO we should be made to carry spare bulb kits. Not to mention the amount of cars i've followed this month with 2 outta 3 of their brake lights not working, and one with one brake light failure, and nothing but a single, very dim tail light covered in dirt.

Not trying to defend the f**ktards, but some cars require complete headlight removal to change a bulb, so regardless of having to carry a kit or not, its not going to be withing some peoples abilities to do that.

Ive been pulled twice, once for going to slow (i had just passed and had a cop up my arse-wasnt exactly sure what to do so went slow :P) and another time for skipping red lights at 3 in the morning. Both were really cool about it and helpful

Why? The penalty was "go home and change it" It's not an endorsable offence, all they can do is fine you £30, which they didn't, in exchange for being immune to any sort of camera, good deal if you ask me.

Edited by LEON

Never been pulled in the 2 years that I've been on the road with mopeds and now my motorbike.

I play everything by the book, and always smile whenever I see a police car behind me, knowing that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my; insurance, tax, mot, bike, or my gear. Even my exhaust is declared on the insurance.

So much so, that my front tyre is nearing legal limits, so I'm limiting how much I'm out on it.

Pretty much how I get to feel too, it's an awesome feeling. haha. Cost bugger all extra to declare the modifications in the end, and sooooo worth it.

I start looking to change my tyres when they reach 3mm rather than the legal limit, as that's widely accepted to be the point where they start being shat.

Never been pulled yet, but went past of the end of a road doing 65 in a 40 limit on my bike, as I did a police car pulled up at the junction and pulled out behind me, slowed down sharpish and they tailed me for about 5 miles then eventually pulled over, I was fairly scared, thought they'd pull me for my L plates being too small for the sake of it. :P (Only slightly too small though, still a decent amount of white around the L).

Edited by Muel

Been followed by the police before, never pulled though as of yet!

I dropped a mate off after a night out, I wasn't drinking as I was driving. As soon as I got through town I spotted the police behind me! Followed me all through a housing estate, and round the ring road, then they shot off towards Milton Keynes! Then I had some fun on the b roads back to home. ;)

Suprised I haven't been stopped yet for 'not wearing a seatbelt' because of my harness...

I got pulled over once, I was driving home with my cousin in my old car when a police van appeared behind me - it was following pretty close in a location known for people speeding, so I stuck right to 30.

I got into the next town and the blues came on and pulled me over - I basically got questioned about why I was averaging 28mph in a 30mph zone - he stuck his head in the car and sniffed for drugs/alcohol, said there wasn't a problem.

However, they had obviously checked my plates and knew my name was Matt...so as they left they said "bye Matt" at which time my cousin said "Who's Matt?", luckily they didn't hear him though :)

my mate got pulled when on a break from work (doing overtime so 7pm), thus had a stanley in his pocket and no I.D. plus the xr 400 he was riding was no way legal at the time.(he'd raced enduro over the weekend). he was stopped and questioned in a narrow busy part of plymouth, as there was no kickstand on the bike, he had to lay the bike on its side on the pavement, as he'd been told he couldn't stay on the seat, so he sat on its side and ate his lunch. Then when it leaked fuel everywhere from the breather pipes he told the copper it was water (his bikes air cooled). got away with that one as well. Then the police asked if he had anything potentially harming on him, out came stanley... the copper believed he was at work so let that slide too. eventually they section 59'd him though. which was mildly deserved.

i laughed at the stories but don't condone it and he deserved his ban, can't get away for ever!

Edited by shamus

Ive been pulled over doing some pretty stupid things, wont go into too much detail though...

Alot of it depends on where you live and what your driving. When I first got the 205 I got pulled doing about 70 in a 30 limit, without a front number plate and tax disc. I had tax but no tax disc, apparently its an offence not to have a tax disc. I thought that was it, licence gone. I said sorry a few times and he just told me to slow down, and he gave me his name and number and told me to get tax in a week then come to the police station so he can see it. I had to go out and buy tax again because the car wasnt registered to me when I taxed it, so the tax disc got sent to the old keeper. It litrally took 6 months to get a refund from the DVLA. The cop didnt even say a word about the front numberplate. He was deffently a sound guy

If you dont drive like dick you wont really get pulled over.