Moto Trial Pics Thread.

alex-trials-boy

• 1 month later...

2009 GasGas 250. Used to be Red & White but had the frame powdercoated black & have just put a set of Monster Energy stickers on her.

Hopefully this'll stop me jumping on the wrong bike after walking a section :giggle:

PS: New footpegs have been ordered. The factory rust colour just doesn't seem to compliment the green all that well.

monster3.jpg

monster2.jpg

Dude thats The dogs bollox !!!

• 3 weeks later...

To compete at 14 you'd be in Youth A I think, and you'd have to have a 125. You used to be able to get round it though, we just used to write down that my brother's bike was a 125 but they're getting tough on it now.

Those rules are bollocks if you ask me anyways, if you're under 10 you can get a TY80, (We didn't bother with that though, just stuck my brother on a TY250, he couldn't even start it until he was 12, and then he had to stand on something with his left leg :lol:), but if you're say 13, what have you got? Either a Fantic 125 if you can actually find one, or an old knackered GasGas... (The only one's I've seen for around £600 have always needed something, usually engine rebuilds and shock linkages).

Then if you're 16 and wanting to start comps, you've got nothing because unless you can afford a modern 125, they're all pretty gutless! (I'm basing that on my mates old GasGas 200 Pro from 2004 being utterly nothingless when I rode it, when I was 14 and about 8 stone!).

Chill out muel! lol Modern 125's are very powerfull and mine has served me well. However older ones are gutless indeed. My 2007 beta 125 is up for sale now. with a new sticker kit and rear mudguard £1700 get it while its HOT! :P

Chill out muel! lol Modern 125's are very powerfull and mine has served me well. However older ones are gutless indeed. My 2007 beta 125 is up for sale now. with a new sticker kit and rear mudguard £1700 get it while its HOT! :P

sorry mate, dont like beta's, the kick starts are on the left arnt they ? and im not looking for something yet though, got to fix my mx bike first as it blew last race lol.

chris

Well I've never actually ridden a 125, just that 2004 GasGas 200 Pro, which was preatty useless...

I rode a 2008 Beta 250 aswell once, and thought that was pretty bland. Obviously far more powerful than my bike, but I expected more. The only bike that I was impressed by was another mate's TRW Montesa 4RT. :P

betas are renown for there smooth power. It doesnt take much to tune one up to the sweet spot. Thing is most people would shit themselves on a proper tuned bike. Regarding the trw mont, you could probably put a deposit down on a house with what something like that is worth. The power wont actually be much more than a beta 250. If anything less, its just the tourque of a 4stroke being off the scale. To anyone who is looking for a bike, do not discard any bike. Each mainstream trials bike rides different and everyone rides with different styles. Gasgas ride like there very short and have low footrests. Betas ride like there very long with low rests. Shercos ride very short and you feel fairly high on the bike. Try bikes untill you find the right bike for you.