2010 Onza Range

duncshaw

To be honest Dave, there's no 'could' about it. The Zoot's got what looks like a nicer frame, has a far better drivetrain, better bar and stem, and better tyres. RRP's cheaper too - it's just a better bike.

Geometry sounds pretty interesting Joe. Don't suppose you know the head angle by any chance?

Sorry its 73, I was having a chat with Ashton at Bike Radar Live and really wanted us to develope a 24" because along with his Ashtons and our Onza's having strong positions in "bricks and mortor shops" it would increase the awarenes of 24" street trials thus increasing the market share of trials bikes in general. I mean look what happened when we brought out affordable priced 20" bikes 10 years ago. Trials grew 10 fold in the UK. Its good spec at a good price allowing normal trials riders to ride both without breaking the bank.

To be honest Dave, there's no 'could' about it. The Zoot's got what looks like a nicer frame, has a far better drivetrain, better bar and stem, and better tyres/wheels. RRP's cheaper too - it's just a better bike.

Was just trying to be polite to Martyn (and Rowan)... but you're right- it's going to blow the Effect out the water.

Was just trying to be polite to Martyn (and Rowan)... but you're right- it's going to blow the Effect out the water.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be rude to Martyn with that post, but I was genuinely disappointed when we unpacked the first Effect. There just seemed to be relatively little attention to detail which just let the whole bike down. The fact it comes with a 330mm long Pivotal post is an example of that, really. I don't even know of anyone apart from flatland BMXers who use them, but a trials bike? You can't even put the seat down fully with it on because the post itself is so long. The rear hub doesn't feel great, the bars are too narrow, etc. - it just seems like they could've made them so much better but just cut too many corners. Because of that, it's sort of bled over onto the Justice as well - under 27" wide bars on a stock is a bad idea, and 22:14 or whatever the gear ratio is just totally kills it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo... Pivotal BMX seats for the win.

Oh I didn't realize the frame has a built in seat bracket thingy. I'm a mod rider i don't know about these seat related things. :turned:

(and Rowan)...

I dont get to decide these things, but yeah the spec does seem to be amazing for the money !! I'll stand by the justice though - Ive got a totally standard full build (well I changed the rear sproket for a totally cheap 18T) and actually it rides pretty well and feels solid - If I was starting out I would definitely consider it.

given that the zoot is essentially a foreplay with an extra pivotal mount and that retails at £329 to spec all those bits at £170 is pretty much incredible.

Zoot will be £499.95, Built in pivotal, Horizontal drop outs , Disc mount , Tensile freewheel , Drilled rims , Alloy stem , 31.8 riser bars , Shindig II pedals , Sealed bearing rear 135mm screwon hub. Pro Frame kit will be available in a month to six weeks. Inc, Frame, Forks , Saddle , Headset. White and Purple colour scheme.

Thanks for the comments Mark, Your right about the old models "blending in". Like you said the models apart fdrom the Blade and Comp are aimed at guys whi are getting into it and want the bike to look the part. Although we have upgraded most parts onall the models. The Blade and Comp frames will be available on their own and the only weigh about 1.45Kg so they should still go to quality riders. Hopefully will retail under £200 too.

The RIP looks fantastic for the money though,

So so impressed with the Zoot!

1.45kg for the Blade and comp, eh? :blink: Thats amazing, no CNC'd BB yoke still?

9 degrees backsweep and 9 upsweep. I think thats the same as the old rage bars and new inspired ones.

Here's the Rips, RRP £319.99

Mint, lovely geo ( although in my opinion could do with a tad more upsweep ) Makes for one hell of a product range. Onza have to be THE best all-round trials company out there I reckon...massive props to Joe on getting a product range that doesn't have 25.4mm bar clamps or steel stems in their line-up!

That's crazy to see the upgrade in aesthetics and specification then the T-vee (which I believe was the equivalent model) which I had 3 years ago.

Just a quick question to Joe, will those rims be available to buy separately, or any other white wheel parts?

You right, They are a T-Vee with a new frame and a face lift. The wheel parts will be assesed in a week or two what to bring out for the summer. For £320 and a choice of colour the beginners this year are lucky. Might bring out a 3rd colour for the summer.

By the way I'm loving all the praise but it was a joint effort with me and my Dad, Although I did lie on a Menorcan beach last July and I thought right " lets spend some time on the new range" thats where it started on that beach. I got a note pad out and started jotting Geos, Colours, and specs. We got to see them last week, One hell of a wait.

I am very impressed by the new range you have, you are on to a winner with those (Y)

Any pics of the comp? The geo, weight and potential price sounds awesome. When are they due out?

Will the new range retail at roughly the same price as the equivalent current models?

I am very impressed by the new range you have, you are on to a winner with those (Y)

Any pics of the comp? The geo, weight and potential price sounds awesome. When are they due out?

Will the new range retail at roughly the same price as the equivalent current models?

The Comp geo along with the rest is further back in the thread, Price's are as follows.

Rip £319.99

Bird £389.99

Pro £489.99

Blade £589.99

Comp £689.99

Zoot £499.99

Mini Master £489.99

A little more then before but there are things like sealed being hubs on the Blade and Comp etc.

The only pic I have of the Comp looks not right, Tarty Adam will be at the show release of them on Tuesday so maybe he could take a photo and upload it.

They are due out in about a month, Weight of the Comp is 10KG but it does have steel forks, Rips's only about 10.5KG.

Cheers for te praise. :)