2010 Onza Range

duncshaw

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that the new range is being shipped to shops as from today, all models including the new Zoot and Mini Master will be available. Also, its worth mentioning that both the new Comp and Blade are available as frame only. The Comp ( 1000, +70 and 350) weighing in at 1.47 K and the Blade (1020, +70 and 350) weighing in at 1.53K. Both retail at £179.99.

Just as a bit of a bump, got to check out the Comp and Blade frames today. They're awesome!

Geometries (Blade/Comp):

WB: 1020mm/1000mm

CS: 350mm

BB: +70mm

HA: 71.5°/72°

Reach: 600mm/590mm

Weights are 1.518kg for the Blade, and 1.474kg for the Comp. Both have an RRP of £179.99.

large_blade10.jpg

large_comp.jpg

large_blade102.jpg

large_comp3.jpg

New Onza mod frames are super cheap and so nicely made :) Got to have a bounce on a few of them on sunday, very impressed by build quality and how they'd specced them. The weights are incredibly low, but with U6 they'll last a decent time without shitting themselves

(Y)

WOW! Those are amazing! are the rumors i here true about some super cheap over seas shipping for frames from tartys?

Next working day to you in the USA for £47, usually before 10:30am unless you are in a remote area (Y) (obviously the Icelandic angry volcano has put paid to that sort of speed for the moment, but that's the usual drill!)

Cant actually believe the price on those Onza frames, F**k a Duck, Onza have really pulled it out the bag, bargin prices, great looking frames and the weight slays a lot of deng stuff out there, or least the older stuff. Top stuff.

They could be even lighter as well if you got handy with the grinder and drill. happy.gif

• Like 1

Indeedy. If, hypothetically, you were running a bashring and rear disc, you could whip the bash mounts and 4-bolt mounts off and save a fair bit of weight from there...

Thats what I was thinking, drill the headtube as well.

It would be nice if Onza forgot bash plates, but I suppose their aimed at newer riders so...

Would have loved the choice of frame / bikes, when I started trials, its good to see that companies are pushing the boundaries more and more as the sport become more popular.

Are these still needing chain tugs of some kind? That annoys me if they do, but about the only criticism.

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by The Hitcher
  • Like 1

They use Onza's integrated tensioners, which come with the frame.

RE: Bashplates - according to Mike, they have to sell their bikes with bashplates and bashrings on, so their frames are going to have bash mounts for the foreseeable future.

RE: Bashplates - according to Mike, they have to sell their bikes with bashplates and bashrings on, so their frames are going to have bash mounts for the foreseeable future.

I thought Mike said they had to have rings covering the cogs, he didn't mention bashplates. (I'm only basing that on what was said in this thread though).

We fit the bashring on the 20" range purely for the Euro standards as effectively a chain guard. We would like to omit bash plates but the facts are that a large proportion of potential trials riders, especially youngsters, think that if its got no bashguard its not a trials bike. So we have to hope that eventually it will become outmoded as a fashion thing. We have considered producing higher end frames with bash fittings or no bash fittings as options but added to all the brake options which operate, it becomes a nightmare.