Looking For A Stiffer Stock Frame

Slobert

Hello all, I am a big fat dude who loves bikes. I have been learning trials on my 03 zoo boa for a couple of months now, and I think I need a stiffer ( and longer ) frame. On the boa I can flex the frame enough for the rear wheel to rub the chain stays. Hmmm. Unfortunately trials isn't that big in the 'States making it hard to find many choices. I have been looking at the '09 Zoo python because I can get it at a good price and the rear end looks stiff. I would appreciate any one chiming in with thier opinions on a good solid stiff stock frame, especially opinions on the Python. Any other large guys out there riding tials?

i would recomend getting a 26 inch frame as they are bigger, dont no if they flex more though never had a bike do that to me but am light.

My Zoo Boa is a 26" ( stock ) frame. I like the way it rides, just a little to flexy for my size. I am looking for advice on a stock sized frame that is burly stiff for us big guys.

The majority of modern frames these days would be likely to offer improved stiffness over a frame that old. I would particularly recommend an Ozony, I've been on two and both have been incredibly stiff and responsive bikes.

This has already been mentioned but the Python is a mod frame...

Ok, I see the confusion, I said Python, but meant Piranha. Ooops. sorry 'bout that. thanks for the help guys!

The reason he advised getting a stock was because the Zoo Python you were talking about is a mod frame. Are you sure its the frame flexing, it could well be on that age frame and not the wheel itself?

oops, I meant Zoo Piranha. Sorry for the slip. Thats good advice about the wheel, but I'm pretty sure its the frame. I just put a brand new echo SL rim on front and back. The wheel is super burly. You can see the flex at the bottom bracket. I have inspected for cracks and the likes, but the frame still seems sound, just flexy. But to be fair, I am a really big guy. My mountian bikes are all super burly to withstand the punishment.

Here's a link the frame I am considering at the moment. The shop is only one state away from me, so the shipping is reasonable, and the price is really good.

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=18683&cat=412&page=1

Thanks again for your help and suggestions so far.