Just Thought Id Say Hello

hi all,just thought id say hello as this is my first thread.im a complete novice to bike trials and have started quite late on(28 years old)i just bought an onza comp and i hope to get some advice on how to ride and lighten it.I know nobody into bike trials so im on my own when it comes to riding tips and parts selection and hope to use this site as a good source for information.

hi all,just thought id say hello as this is my first thread.im a complete novice to bike trials and have started quite late on(28 years old)i just bought an onza comp and i hope to get some advice on how to ride and lighten it.I know nobody into bike trials so im on my own when it comes to riding tips and parts selection and hope to use this site as a good source for information.

Welcome to the forum, And good luck with the riding hope to see a vid one day.

there is a website called: trashzen.com which tells u good ways to do amazing tricks.helped me but i no most tricks lol

also to lighten it...u could take the bash plate off,drill some holes in the lever(only metal),saw half the bash ring(if u have one) and basicly drill LOTS of holes.only lightens it by 200-300 grams but the lighter u can get it the bettr.

hope i helped and have fun with ur new bike. with that website u will be backhopping of crates in a month lol :)

u should probably also get a front cable disc brake and a back hydrolic hs33 if u dont have one already because on some(most) the brake will begin to slip.DO NOT USE TAR.my mate put tar on his first day and his front wheele would not move.Onza comps are actuly really good bikes.i ride an onza t-pro 07(wel the frame is) should be real light.

hope i helped(again!)lol

Edited by modifiedridah2k9

I'm in the same boat although not as late on as you. I don't know anyone from my area and I'm still shockingly bad......practice makes perfect (and bruises).

First one to make a vid wins?

It can be hard when you have no one to learn off. All my friends ride different styles, BMX's and mountain bikers, they all do abit of street riding though so its not too bad but i don't have anyone to teach me or show me any new trials tricks.

Some good places i've found for advice on the web is here, trashzen and ryan leech how to videos on youtube. I learnt to static 180 off his how to video.

Good luck and always try new things, start simple and have fun :)