Manchester?

cant_ride

Allo..

I moved from 'the South' up to manc (Stockport) about 7 months ago and wanted to know if anyone rides street up here? I've only got a bust up old curtis at the moment but recent procurement of (underpaid) work will soon bring a shiny new 24"

Let me know.

Oli

to see my girlfriend and quite often need a break......

Why do you think I want to get out on the bike!!!

Dan, I'd be more tempted to ride Leeds instead to be honest.. some good lines in Manc but its full of bloody personage getting in my royal way!

Oli

Edited by cant_ride

Must be some good spots in stockport, once met a guy on the big steps between the shopping centre an the bus station having a bod about.

There's a bike shop near bredbury that deals more in bmx stuff, they might know some good places to ride!

Why do you think I want to get out on the bike!!!

Dan, I'd be more tempted to ride Leeds instead to be honest.. some good lines in Manc but its full of bloody personage getting in my royal way!

Oli

Do it then, only £15 return on the train I think.

Must be some good spots in stockport, once met a guy on the big steps between the shopping centre an the bus station having a bod about.

There's a bike shop near bredbury that deals more in bmx stuff, they might know some good places to ride!

that was pretty much the only half decent place I found in stockport, there were some planters near dawsons too but they were crap to be honest.

I bet with exploration something good might turn up

manchesters one of thew best cities in the uk for riding if you know the spots ( i used to ride there two-three times a week for 4 years) In the process of saving for a bike but my old riding mate just boguht a new one so id be up for a ride sometime and ill come out show around and take some photos possibly.

• 1 month later...

Right... I'll have my bike sorted by this time next month (give or take a few days) so everyone get their ass over to Manchester, or Buxton, or wherever else has a decent day's ride. Saying that it'll be my first time riding for about 4 years and I'll be brakeless due to my lack of cash so I'll probably be nackered and badly hurt by noon!

Oli

Buxton is a brilliant ride. go there quite often, there is also some mint natural about 8 miles away if thats what your into.

I live in Macclesfield just down the road from stockport, never rode there though, or manchester. I always wanted to ride manchester but could never decide if it would be good or id just be wandering around all day looking for spots.

I would be well up for a buxton or manc ride. im sure liam would be up for coming too :]