The Ultimate Chain Tesioner Bodge

multi tasking male

broke my deralier hanger so i shortedned the chain and was running 22-14 and then the chain streched and was loos, then changed to 22-16 and had to use a chain tesioner, its a single wheeled tesioner and i couldnt be bothered with a deralier haner so i cut the top bit in half (down to the top of second hole) then took the snaped half of the hanger off the frame and filed back the template for the hanger to go into on the frame so the nut would fit on. then just slid the hanger on and put the nut on and then when you tighten up the nut it pulls back the tesioner and made the chain tight, great succes !!! will try and get some pictures up soon.

anyone else got any bodges they did to a chain tesioner ? post them if you did.

chris

Award for most useless photo of a spoke tensioner ever conceivable goes to...

The fact you can't see it is a good thing - that's what I was trying to get across. Instead of a mech hanger and a tensioner, it's just so simple and minimalist.

Rowan - for chain-wrap, it's pretty decent. When I ran it on my 13t it was pretty much the same as not having one on there, still got a good amount (Y)

The fact you can't see it is a good thing - that's what I was trying to get across. Instead of a mech hanger and a tensioner, it's just so simple and minimalist.

Rowan - for chain-wrap, it's pretty decent. When I ran it on my 13t it was pretty much the same as not having one on there, still got a good amount (Y)

ye i think chain tesioners do look prety gay. I am going to make one of those spoke tesioners some time soon. will get pics up when it is light.

chris

Worked with 18:13 on my Echo, but yeah, just see how much you need it to move I guess. If you wanna get tech, you could always make some little metal stoppers to go in front of your axle in the dropout which the tensioner can go into - that way, you can get your wheel roughly where it needs to be, then the tensioner can take up any slack and also deal with any slack caused by your crank threads not necessarily being perfectly concentric.

No mech hanger on my awesome steel frame, no room on the axle either, ah well.

You can just make a |_| shape at the end of the tensioner and hook it around your dropout slot :)

I think maybe you could've drilled that hole a bit closer to the surface you know...

Was thinking that... eek! Hopefully be ok though...