If You Could Send 3 Parts Back In Time...

Greetings

I reckon if you sent trials videos rather than parts back you'd see more benefit. I'd like to have got my hands on the people who first made cranks with a screw on freewheels and make them change to a spline mount before the trials world started making more parts with the same fitting.

I started trials on cantis and a 19" frame, people laughed at the very few disks on the market because they were so heavy and expensive (And nobody could afford them to actually try them out)... So I'd have to send everything back :).

As regards parts I'd love to have had 10 years ago - Hope trials disks, splined BB's, strong handlebars, cranks, forks and stems, affordable hubs with more than 16 engagements and high BB frames would have all been awesome...

Id send nothing what has been made in the past 1 year back to 3-4 years ago when i first started riding, riding/parts were so much better back then.

Really?

- Any brake pads other than the standard Magura blacks/reds.

- Drilled rims

- Tartybikes! or at least anywhere where you could actually access proper trials parts without having to go through a local shop.

Deffinately!

I reckon if you sent trials videos rather than parts back you'd see more benefit. I'd like to have got my hands on the people who first made cranks with a screw on freewheels and make them change to a spline mount before the trials world started making more parts with the same fitting.

I started trials on cantis and a 19" frame, people laughed at the very few disks on the market because they were so heavy and expensive (And nobody could afford them to actually try them out)... So I'd have to send everything back :).

As regards parts I'd love to have had 10 years ago - Hope trials disks, splined BB's, strong handlebars, cranks, forks and stems, affordable hubs with more than 16 engagements and high BB frames would have all been awesome...

Also a good idea.

Having only been riding 3/4 years the parts where there when I started.

I just wish I knew then what I know now :ermm:

Was it not fun finding out?

Haha, liked that. So much has improved in the years...

I'd take back:

- no seats and low stand over frames

- horizonal dropouts and snail cams - the amount of mech and hangers i've f**ked, id be a lot richer now

- trialtech cranks (great and affordable)/trialtech in general, great set of products...

Front freewheels go without saying...I want one of the echo ones now :P

Steve-o x

Front freewheels have been about for years. i got a 12 year monty xlite which had one standard.

• 1 month later...

i used to ride 10 years ago when i was 11 and i had a hs33 then and still have the same one with no problems so i dont know why you would have to take that back in time. however a neon bow a titanium freewheel and a set of rims would be good shimano freewheels were crap and rims didnt last 5 mins

Edited by bella

Echo lites - probably one of the best mod forks ever made.

Echo tr - freewheel has been amazing for the price.

CNC stuff.

Miine has an stunning crack over the Hs' welds, and it is probably willing to break, I think. Furthermo', a friend of mine had one, and broke the disc brake weld too, so I don't trust them at all.

Edited by Zoo!Man

Is there anything people would bring back (apart from seats :P )?

King hubs? Mine must be around 8 years old and it never skips. My mates all bought their Kings fairly recently and all have had problems with bearings and axles snapping and the RD mechanism skipping. They are absolutely rubbish now!

King hubs? Mine must be around 8 years old and it never skips. My mates all bought their Kings fairly recently and all have had problems with bearings and axles snapping and the RD mechanism skipping. They are absolutely rubbish now!

Especially when they were cheap from America with the rubbish dollar. Mines about 7 years old now and never does anything wrong, probably my longest lasting bike related purchase ever. Not many things i would send back from now, definitely wide rims if it was 5 or 6 years ago to stop all the brake set up faff with a d521 but they were around 3 years ago. But one thing i would bring from the past would be the old pre 05 style maggie levers, felt so much nicer and didn't have such rubbish tpas.