My New Pedals

onza_rip95

Hello

I have been trying to get my new try-all pedals onto my bike but for some reason my old onza pedals will not come off but the strange thing is there is no rust to be seen but yet they wont move at all. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello

I have been trying to get my new try-all pedals onto my bike but for some reason my old onza pedals will not come off but the strange thing is there is no rust to be seen but yet they wont move at all. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Try some really thin disassembly oil to penetrate the threads and loosen em up a bit, also remember that one of your pedals will be threaded reverse, so to loosen it you turn it clockwise instead of anti clockwise

did you have trouble putting the onza pedals on when you first put them on? if so, the threads on the spindle or on your crank arm might be buggered or crossed and giving you a hard time

if it's REALLY hard to get them off, might be worth taking the bike to your local bike shop and seeing if they can see any problems

I had a problem like that with my old truvativ cranks which had a threaded insert. the pedal axle thread had rusted with the insert so when it came to removal, the insert kept turning round inside the crank arm. Had to lose replace the crank arm in the end.

Firstly, remember it's regular thread on the right crank arm and oppo on the left.

Shocking them works best too, so if you can get your spanner on there nice and tight, try either giving the spanner a knock with a hammer, or just try and put sudden force on it rather than just pulling harder.