D3O Hat

multi tasking male

has anybody seen the d30 hats and tryed one on, are they as good as the make out because i wear a hat quit alot and find that helmets make me ride weird, people say they make you ride better but it makes me ride worse, want to ride with some kind of head protection and im liking the look of the d3o beanies, maybe get one and put a chin strap on it to stop it from falling off. what does everyone else think of these ?

chris

why dont you all investigate and actualy see what im talking about before you go and slag it off, watch the video and you will under stand what im talking about, its actualy quit sad that you all got the time to just mess around and take the mick and finding gay shit pictures instead of having a look at new things. find out about things before you go slag it off.

chris

Yet more people on TF attempting to dig upwards.

thanks for the support and actualy trying to help.

why dont you all investigate and actualy see what im talking about before you go and slag it off, watch the video and you will under stand what im talking about, its actualy quit sad that you all got the time to just mess around and take the mick and finding gay shit pictures instead of having a look at new things. find out about things before you go slag it off.

chris

thanks for the support and actualy trying to help.

Never slated the use of d3o its just the look of a trials rider wearing hat like like that with a strap

you can get them with flowers on too

petal-swimming-cap-strap.jpg

:lol:

That's not actually D3O in that one.

I'd have thought not having the compression of the usual polystyrene inner bit might mean it's not as effective at protecting your head as a real helmet though? It might stop some injuries possibly but the impact and shock isn't going to get dissipated as well, so brain injuries might still be an issue?

well what do people think ?

just found ne with a built in strap so youwouldnt need a chin strap. http://www.outdoorfusion.co.uk/p/1630/Ribcaps/Ribcap-Hat-Ribcap-Marley-Hat-Black-Grey.htm

That's for bumps bruises and scrapes NOT massive smashes.

If you wear that instead of a helmet you're a dead man...

I worship my helmet, saved my life a couple of times without a doubt (Y)

That's not actually D3O in that one.

I'd have thought not having the compression of the usual polystyrene inner bit might mean it's not as effective at protecting your head as a real helmet though? It might stop some injuries possibly but the impact and shock isn't going to get dissipated as well, so brain injuries might still be an issue?

thats what i was thinking, but where i fid helmets uncomfatable i would rather wear one of these and make the chances slimer of getting a head injury rather than having no helmet on which is how im riding at the moment.

If you shop around, you'll probably find a helmet that'll fit. Bell, Fox and Met make helmets that don't get anywhere near fitting my weird shaped head, whereas Giro and Protec do. Different manfacturers have different sizings, so just check a few out if you haven't found a decent one yet. If it's simply because you don't like the look of them, you'll look as much of a tool wearing a beanie with a chinstrap as you will wearing a 'normal' helmet. Equally, the "You look gay enough backhopping around the place anyway" arguement works here.

i had no idea what it was but if people want to have a laugh let them,, just try and reach out to the people that may know something about it.

in my opinoin it sound like a good idea to me because i look like a dick in a helmet and dont like wearing them because i find every helmet i have had is uncomfortable.

If you shop around, you'll probably find a helmet that'll fit. Bell, Fox and Met make helmets that don't get anywhere near fitting my weird shaped head, whereas Giro and Protec do. Different manfacturers have different sizings, so just check a few out if you haven't found a decent one yet. If it's simply because you don't like the look of them, you'll look as much of a tool wearing a beanie with a chinstrap as you will wearing a 'normal' helmet. Equally, the "You look gay enough backhopping around the place anyway" arguement works here.

i have tryed different helmets on like tgs,661,bell and pro tec and they fitted fine but i just found them uncomfatable aand anoying but i ride with a beenie on most of the time, found a decription on one, http://www.productwiki.com/d3o-ribcap/

i had no idea what it was but if people want to have a laugh let them,, just try and reach out to the people that may know something about it.

in my opinoin it sound like a good idea to me because i look like a dick in a helmet and dont like wearing them because i find every helmet i have had is uncomfortable.

same, to be honest i think you look even more of a dick wen your in hospital but when your with your mates and your the only one with a helmet on then you dont think like that.

i have tryed different helmets on like tgs,661,bell and pro tec and they fitted fine but i just found them uncomfatable aand anoying but i ride with a beenie on most of the time, found a decription on one, http://www.productwiki.com/d3o-ribcap/

From that list of helmets, I'm assuming you've only been wearing piss-pots. Unless you got the early, now 'illegal' Protecs, XC/roadie style helmets feel way more comfortable.