Continental R.Q. 2.2 On Rear Wheel? Yes Or No!?

Jeff

hi guys!

I wish to put on a back wheel tyre Continental Rubber Queen 2.2 what to save weight

YES or NO?

why?

It doesn't have the Apex reinforced sidewall like the 2.4" does. It's lightweight for a reason, it will be unstable and extremely easy to puncture. What tyre are you using now? Maybe try losing some wheel weight instead or get the 2.4" RQ if you don't use it already.

It doesn't have the Apex reinforced sidewall like the 2.4" does. It's lightweight for a reason, it will be unstable and extremely easy to puncture. What tyre are you using now? Maybe try losing some wheel weight instead or get the 2.4" RQ if you don't use it already.

I use RQ 2.4 now!

may be tubeless RQ 2.2, because It seems to me more thickly than a usual tyre cover ?

A sensible idea, but the 2.2" UST doesn't have the black chilli compound. Its made in the far east and will be no grippier than your average XC tyre. Also the weight is listed as 1000g on Contis website! I think you just have to accept that a rear stock tyre can only be so light before the performance drops significantly, and 850g is already pushing it to the limit in my eyes!

Be a man and get a rain king or a kaizer! I got a rubber queen 2.4 when it came out, used it for 2-3 rides and sits at home since then, grips ok, but way to big! 2.2 I would think is only ok for comp riding, make sure you use about 65 PSI (lolz!)