Echo Hub Bearings

Mtchell

Hi

Got a fixed rear echo hub 2007 , the bearings died so bought some new ones 6802rs,

I found the none drive side bearing fits perfect no problems but the three which sit on the drive seem way to big for the hub its self.

Tarty have said the correct bearings are 6802rs which i have but i can,t see how they would fit

Any ideas guys?

Tarty have said the correct bearings are 6802rs which i have but i can,t see how they would fit

It depends which bearing you are trying to replace, the impression we were given was that you are trying to replace a freehub body bearings? If so, they are 6802.

Maybe stick a photo up so we can see what you are trying to do exactly?

Cheers,

Adam

Oh right dumb sh!t,

my mate rang you, but

i,m the one trying to fix it for him , its a fixed hub, replaced the 6902 one on the none drive side, but the drive side with the three bearings is a smaller diameter, but I,m led to believe 6802 is the smallest bearing size availble in this group

sorry for the confusion , I should of just rang

This is the hub I,m dealing with

Thanks for your time on this man.

echo_modhub_bolted_red2.jpg

No worries!

Is that the EXACT hub you have or is it the one with a 12mm steel axle? If it's the exact one in the photo it's 6802, if it's the 12mm axle version then it's a different bearing, 6903 I *think* from memory but not 100% sure... (And can't check cos we sold out of that hub a long time ago, sorry!)

No its the same as the one above ,

the three bearings which sit together are 15x24x5, they fit on the axle but don,t fit the hub shell, lol

complete nightmare, the bearings which were dead were so badly damaged the number on the seal was unreadable i,ll try get them to fit

Thanks again

Sounds like the outer races of the original bearings are stuck in the freehub body, any chance of a photo?

Aye Adam you was right they was sat in there so tight they looked like part of the hub , manage to get them out all running sweet as now

Thanks For your time man

(For Search purposes)

ECHO FIXED REAR HUB 07

Hub Bearing - 6902

Driver bearing - 6802

Edited by Mtchell