Hydrolic Disk Or Maggie ?

Sam T

As far as I can see the best possible thing you should be able to say about your brake is that it's boring. If it behaves exactly as you expect it to every time you use it you've pretty much achieved the braking holy grail. Unless it's consistently bad all the time of course...

I got a dual disk stock bike at the start of the year and I would be very slow to suffer rim brakes ever again...

As far as I can see the best possible thing you should be able to say about your brake is that it's boring. If it behaves exactly as you expect it to every time you use it you've pretty much achieved the braking holy grail. Unless it's consistently bad all the time of course...

I got a dual disk stock bike at the start of the year and I would be very slow to suffer rim brakes ever again...

Duel disk is the way forward for sure.

I scoff at the rain now. :lol:

you would eat as much as you can as fast as possible in front of the rain?

how bizarre

anyways. what are you looking for in a front brake? bittyness, hold, modulation, sound?

i'd like a nice hard bite and with a decent hold, lemme guess your gunna say V-brake :P?

If you want a bit of modulation a Louise is very good, if you want epic levels of bite and hold Hope trials disks are unmatched... The only downside of the Hope on the back of my bike is that I'll never learn to manual because it's pretty much on or off with nothing between... Last bike I could manual any distance at all on had Magura Kool stop pads and a light dead grind (back in 'day :P)...

i run a front vee with coust pads and light grind.

Probably the best front brake i have has in years!!

but its more to do with personal preference, do you like the modulation a disk can offer, or the power and instant stop a rim brake gives. ?

i run a front vee with coust pads and light grind.

Probably the best front brake i have has in years!!

but its more to do with personal preference, do you like the modulation a disk can offer, or the power and instant stop a rim brake gives. ?

thanks for that, im going to try front vee.

What lever and everything else would you recomend?

thanks for that, im going to try front vee.

What lever and everything else would you recomend?

Avid always seems to be a safe option. The best you can afford really. SD7 as a minimum i'd say with the same lever (sd7)

if you can afford it, id always go with avid ultimate calipers, not cheap though, but amazing, really really amazing, if you cant afford the £90, then go for an SD7

as far as a lever goes, avid SD7 is fine, get a decent cable, and then pad choice is depending, you running a grind?? riding in dry? or wet?? you want something with backings?? or just usual pads??