Hayze Nine Water Bleed ?

multi tasking male

anybody used a hayes nine with a water bleed, are the seals ok with a water bleed ? used a hayes lever with maggie slaves for a while and i had no leeks or anything and it worked ok but i dont know if the seal in the caliper will be ok.

chris

If it's meant to be used with DOT fluid, I'd say no

If it uses mineral oil, I guess it might be worth a go? Just remember to lube up your seals now and again so they don't die as quick

I don't accept any responsibility if it goes wrong though :)

Isn't water far more suitable for DOT systems than mineral ones? I'm sure I read that if not DOT is available, worst comes to worst you can use water and it'll be fine, just have a low boiling point, whereas water is never recommended for mineral systems but we all just do it anyway.

Isn't water far more suitable for DOT systems than mineral ones? I'm sure I read that if not DOT is available, worst comes to worst you can use water and it'll be fine, just have a low boiling point, whereas water is never recommended for mineral systems but we all just do it anyway.

Meh, I don't even know, I just stick to the rule of using water in maggies, and the proper fluid in everything else.

I thought it was the other way round? but only suggested as an emergency fix and to be flushed out as soon as you get home

I used DOT fluid with hayes nine and it was utter shat, so water wouldn,t be any good.... <_<

On the bright side was only £12 lol

Probably a lot to do with the fact its a cheap brake, they weren't particularly well made and certainly weren't designed for trials use.

Probably a lot to do with the fact its a cheap brake, they weren't particularly well made and certainly weren't designed for trials use.

Yer i read they was pretty good in MBUK , so got one off here , just sat in garage now, bought hope mono thats abit poopy to lol

ye it is utter crap im just in the midle of fixing my hope so im using this temporaraly until its fixed, im just trying to find a way to get a bit more power out of it because my dad has got a serios case of cba at the moment so he wont be fixing it any time soon lol. im not to worried about the lever because that was fine walst using it with my maggie slaves its just the caliper.

chris

If your not to worried about the brake just try it, the worst that will happen is it will leak, just don't go down a hill with the brake rubbing, or try anything to big incase the brake fails :Di'd like to know if it works or not :)

oh i see your using me. ;) i might give it a go.

Meh, I don't even know, I just stick to the rule of using water in maggies, and the proper fluid in everything else.

what is the advantage for using water for hs33s??

Im using standard issue magura blood and it feel amazing.

Why use water and void the warranty?