My Zhi Z3R (Update, Page 3)

uldis

• 5 weeks later...

Don't know about Betty, I've heard many bad things. I wouldn't buy them and i don't even have a stock. :unsure:

i was running big betty gooey gluey,found the tyre had a nice feel to it good puncture protection to.now to the downsides.afta 2hours riding nobbles started shredding and tearing off in lumps,2weeks riding,outer sidewall rubber coming away from carcass.And after 3weeks tyre pretty much bald what a completely waste of 45quid NEVER AGAIN so gone back to high rollers :) perfeck

How does it feel to bunny hop with a high BB?? Looks gooood.

I can bunnyhop it like I could with my mod :D Feels gooood :)

i was running big betty gooey gluey,found the tyre had a nice feel to it good puncture protection to.now to the downsides.afta 2hours riding nobbles started shredding and tearing off in lumps,2weeks riding,outer sidewall rubber coming away from carcass.And after 3weeks tyre pretty much bald what a completely waste of 45quid NEVER AGAIN so gone back to high rollers :) perfeck

My both tyres are triple compound, very puncture resistant, grips good, nothing shreds and tears off, nothing comes away from carcass. I think they're very good and worth the price. It's like month when I'm riding with these tyres and they still looks and feels like new.

Edited by uldis

• 2 months later...

Snail cams - Rockman

Front hub - V!Z

Really nice bike you've got there mate. I also like cable brakes: simple and low-maintenance.

I came across this thread because I am choosing parts to build a stock bike and I quite like the Zhi Z3R frame. Just now I was looking at various rear hubs and the Echo SL 135mm seemed to be a nice choice. But then I saw the horizontal dropouts on the Z3R frame and thought: hang on a minute, that frame is going to need snail cams, and snail cams add width to the hub. Furthermore, looking at Echo's website I realised that non of their stock bikes use snail cams. However, you use snail cams on your Z3R and you run an Echo TR rear hub (which probably has the same dimensions as the Echo SL hub), so I was wondering if you could tell us whether you experienced any problems fitting the rear wheel, and whether you had to pull the dropouts outwards in order to fit the wheel, to allow for the extra width added by the snail cams.

I am also curious as to why you chose a V!Z front hub over an Echo hub, especially when you already run an Echo on the rear. Maybe you could briefly point out any significant differences regarding quality of these two brands, or basically what is good about the V!Z hub and what's good about the Echo TR hub.

All the best!

Edited by Scoox

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...