Dual-Disc Because, Updated!

3dd

Finnaly got my higher stem and front tyre. Rode it today and its lovely! Peace of cake to pull up into manual or a bunnyhop. Although taps simmed quite hard at the moment as I have not got used to the geo and the size yet. My highest on stock was about 120cm and only about 80cm(rought estimate) here. Got a little video of attempting to tap. Rear tyre doesn't realy grip well either, it's a 60a cut down high roller, going to put 42a in the next few days I think. Weight is about 9.5-.7kg. Could make it ligher by replacing the rear tyre to something else... Check it out!

http://vimeo.com/10616392

post-17902-127015295985_thumb.jpg

post-17902-12701529654_thumb.jpg

post-17902-127015296916_thumb.jpg

post-17902-127015297465_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3dd

:lol: at the back and front tyre sizes.

Looks nice other than that.

I have two 2.5 highrollers in my shed I may part with if you want one. 1 new and 1 little use. Both dont have that orange loop round the tyre. (Y)

I dont recall seeing many maxxis tyres these days having the orange loop, is it still possible to get them?

Well, I built the bike up and just could not wait to get the rear tyre (the only bit missing!). So I went to a local shop Cycles Uk and got this baby, I was also suprised that it had a loop on it. But if Ross got that 2.5. I am definetly getting one from him, should be about 1kg. Hopefully my new front tyre and stem should come tomorrow, so I can finally finish this baby!

Also I was looking for a big betty for ages now, found one, in the end they sent me 26inch... Do they not do them anymore, seemed like a nice light tyre for the rear?

Edited by 3dd

Well, I built the bike up and just could not wait to get the rear tyre (the only bit missing!). So I went to a local shop Cycles Uk and got this baby, I was also suprised that it had a loop on it. But if Ross got that 2.5. I am definetly getting one from him, should be about 1kg. Hopefully my new front tyre and stem should come tomorrow, so I can finally finish this baby!

Also I was looking for a big betty for ages now, found one, in the end they sent me 26inch... Do they not do them anymore, seemed like a nice light tyre for the rear?

The only 24 big betty I could find was from ison distribution and it was there last one in stock. A mate who runs a shop got it because I think you have to be in the trade to buy stock from them...to be honest I don't rate the tyre that highly, it is light yes but comes at a price like all light tyres, show it some off camber natural and it will just fold so I had to run mine super hard. Also I didn't think it was too grippy on anythin but dry concrete, maxxis are your best choice for 24.

Edited by Jake-Ansell

looks like sex (Y)

Does it feel like a pogo stick? Cant wait for mine now but also looking for a big betty in 24x2.4. What stem did you go with? Ive got the same trialtech stem you have but looking at the trialtech high rise bars to go with it (and maybe a couple of spacers if need be). Did u try out higher risers with that stem?

looks like sex (Y)

Does it feel like a pogo stick? Cant wait for mine now but also looking for a big betty in 24x2.4. What stem did you go with? Ive got the same trialtech stem you have but looking at the trialtech high rise bars to go with it (and maybe a couple of spacers if need be). Did u try out higher risers with that stem?

Yes they do sit on the rear wheel like a pogo stick ;)