Motorbike Trials

basher

basically i was well into my motorbike trials but the last 2 years ive not been doing it. im looking at buying a brand spanker but cant decide what and not sure at the moment whats the best bet to go with. im looking at anything from a 250 to a 300

im steering away from away from a 4rt cause of price.

when i was on the scene the shercos had problems and gassers seem to be the choice with more and more betas starting to turn up.

and dont say its not the right forum for it, ino, but ino theres a few motor riders on here.

any help appreicated

I recently got myself one of the new 010 shercos and am so very pleased with it (125). I have ridden the 290 010 before and for the first time ever i was able to get onto a bigger engined bike and feel right at home, much smoother and useable power. The new shercos are much more stable due to the lower centre of gravity and have a lot more grip than previously, but the weight feels perfectly balanced, easy to move the front and rear around. Also there seems to be no problems at all with them so far except for problems with the fuel tanks in the first batch which have been sorted now.

Gas Gas seem to be a reliable choice to go for. They are popular which must mean they are half decent at least although I can't really say much about any of the others as i never really have had a decent ride on them. A bike from gas gas, sherco or beta can't really go wrong and will all be good buys but I of coarse would reccomend the new shercos.

I had an 03 Scorpa SY250, that was absolutly wonderfull!

They dont have linkage suspension so they are great for climbing hills, nice smooth power, we never had any problems with them, only ever had to clean the air filter after every 3 or so rides!

Such a nice set up bike too, the way everything is felt just spot on! Very narrow bike too.

In saying that, I also had a Montessa Cota 315, a '96 I think, that was awsome too, real small turning circle!

Id suggest beta or sherco, purely on the fact, that out of the lads i know that ride mototrials, no ones had any big problems with any of them. ive got a battered old 290, that just goes, and goes and goes, and my mates 250 thats a year older is the same. whereas fishy on here has a 125 scorpa(with a yamaha ttr bombproof engine, but it gives him problems) and ive got 3/4 mates with gas gas's that have gearbox problems(have to stall it to get it into neutral, cant change down with the engine running, rounded selector shafts)

This is the first Ive heard about a Scorpa being not good!

Was the 125 a 4-stroke?

Yeah, had a few problems with the coil but after we changed it, it seemed fine. If I don't get a new bike, I'm probably going to get a 150cc kit and a racing ecu for it.

cheers for all the comments,

ill be staying well clear of scorpas as they arnt my cup of tea.

ive also heard about problems with gassers such as gearboxs ect but mine has been bob on which makes me undecided about another, but on the other hand i had a sherco and hated it and it ended up needing new piston rings. beta seems to be a good choice at the moment, but have never loved the riding position of them. guess ill have to try and have ago on one of each.

Get a Downhill bike instead so you can come on uplift days with us lot. Theres nowhere to ride Moto Trials now round here.

im guna start competeing again so riding wont be an issue really, as most weekends or every other ill be doing competitions.