Bleeding

SpoorsyTF

i recently bled my magura, and i used the royal blood. i did it twice to make sure i got a good bleed. i have no problems with it, and it is not spongey at all!

i wouldnt bother using water, just use the royal blood and make sure you get a good bleed.

i recently bled my magura, and i used the royal blood. i did it twice to make sure i got a good bleed. i have no problems with it, and it is not spongey at all!

i wouldnt bother using water, just use the royal blood and make sure you get a good bleed.

Does the cable i have matter because am switching to braided :)

Can i ask how it makes it sluggish ?

The internal diameter of the hosing is different meaning that viscosity has a greater effect for the braided tubing. As said above, plastic hosing (braided crossover doesn't really hurt performance but is much stronger) and a water bleed gives the best overall performance in my mind. I've only ever used pure tap water and have never had a problem in around 8 years.

The internal diameter of the hosing is different meaning that viscosity has a greater effect for the braided tubing. As said above, plastic hosing (braided crossover doesn't really hurt performance but is much stronger) and a water bleed gives the best overall performance in my mind. I've only ever used pure tap water and have never had a problem in around 8 years.

And are they easy to bleed DIY style ?

go on youtube.. and type in "bleed hs33 with water"

i know that i have seen a video on this before on youtube, just look through the videos and you will find one (Y)

Orite mate cheers :)

I have had a look but it says no results have been found.

if you find a vid or link just post it to my profile please :)

Edited by SpoorsyTF

Water bleeds feel reallly good.

I have only ever done it to mine with a brake that I know was already leaking and it was unreal. No squishy-ness or anything like that. It's what Gilles Coustellier was running at the world champs in Canberra last year.

BUT, it does apparently make your brakes leak, but I have never come accross anyone who says they have had a problem with it, and if they have, it was only after a very long time.

Another thing, if you have plenty of oil and time, try bleeding your brakes a few times and trying some different things to understand how it all works. Once you work out what does what, you'll get a better understanding and do better bleeds all the time. There are even a couple of little shortcuts you can do sometimes if you have just changed a lever, cylinder or your brakes have leaked a little to top them back up!