Tarty Days 2010

mintsauce

Check out these photos and videos of an event we did last year:

- Photos

- Video 1

- Video 2

The Tarty Days riding kit will be based on the same ideas but set out in a different configuration.

that course looked pretty sick. but i definitely think you should consider having a beginners sections and some random pallets lying around so people can have their sidehop/gap competitions

:lol: at the guy cutting the log in vid 1 with no pants on.

ooooooo...........scary water!

Looks fab

hehehe!!

that course looked pretty sick. but i definitely think you should consider having a beginners sections and some random pallets lying around so people can have their sidehop/gap competitions

Yeah definitely, as stated elsewhere, there will be additional sections made to cater for ALL abilities.

---------

NOTE:

The course builders for Tarty Days are a group of very talented craftsmen and always up for a challenge. Take a look at the pictures and videos and see what they created last year.

If you have any dream sections or obstacles that you'd love to try and ride then draw them and email them across to me. (slowprogress at hotmail dot co dot uk)

Although I can't promise we can create everyone's ideal sections it'd be good to try and create a few.

Give as much detail as possible to aid the course builders (rough sizes, angles, depths, distance etc etc)

Edited by mintsauce

hehehe!!

Yeah definitely, as stated elsewhere, there will be additional sections made to cater for ALL abilities.

thats great :) also is it goin to be a comp like koxx days or just ride whatever you want like a street ride but on natural?

thats great :) also is it goin to be a comp like koxx days or just ride whatever you want like a street ride but on natural?

Good question, currently I am not organising a comp. (Trying to organise the festival and write a PhD is proving time consuming enough!)

Personally I envisage a very chilled out atmosphere where people simply ride what they want, when they want, how they want.

It's not often we get to meet up in such large numbers and just jam together. My take on it is that there are already some amazing comps throughout the UK and that this event is a chance to do something a bit different.

That said however, if there is overwhelming demand for a comp, some of the NWBT (North Wales Bike Trials) crew have suggested that they might try and run a comp at the event. Make your opinions known!

mintsauce....

will tarty have a little stand there, to sell small things like innertubes of different sizes, chains, grips, possibly some hs33 lever bodies, and a few tpas?

just a thought really.

thanks

edit: ps, me and a few mates are defo coming. any idea of when the pre-registation will be open?

Edited by Sam Styles

mintsauce....

will tarty have a little stand there, to sell small things like innertubes of different sizes, chains, grips, possibly some hs33 lever bodies, and a few tpas?

just a thought really.

thanks

edit: ps, me and a few mates are defo coming. any idea of when the pre-registation will be open?

Tarty Bikes will NOT have a stand. The Tarty crew are keen to chill out, ride with riders from across the UK and enjoy the festival that they have made possible.

Regarding pre-registration; If people could just stop buying stuff from Tarty Bikes for a few hours then Adam would have chance to put the pre-registration page online!! (hehe - just kidding)

It's the April 2010 issue on page 37.

If you don't have it I could e-mail you a picture, pretty big thing to miss :P

Yeah please, I must have missed that issue.

theo.crutchley-mack@hotmail.com

Thanks (Y)

To Ash and Mods

How u getting there? Been looking at trains, but too expensive and take ages. If youve got space in a car, more than happy to pay my way (Beer/money/sexual favours, take your pick)

Im taking my van up. Might be a silly idea but who cares. road trip :mellow: As it stands i have a spare seat. The only thing that might change that is if someone i actually know (no offense) wants to go. But they are all being gay and going to the iow festival. ^_^

Tarty Bikes will NOT have a stand. The Tarty crew are keen to chill out, ride with riders from across the UK and enjoy the festival that they have made possible.

Regarding pre-registration; If people could just stop buying stuff from Tarty Bikes for a few hours then Adam would have chance to put the pre-registration page online!! (hehe - just kidding)

thanks mate, that makes sence to be honest lol!!

i will stock up on important things then when i pre-register (Y)

I have a question. What time will it be possible to come, roughly what time. There are few of us comming and we live down south and will take about 5h to get there, we wanted to leave home at 5-6am. WIll the camp be open by the time we come (10-11am)?

I have a question. What time will it be possible to come, roughly what time. There are few of us comming and we live down south and will take about 5h to get there, we wanted to leave home at 5-6am. WIll the camp be open by the time we come (10-11am)?

Good effort, glad you're making the journey (Y)

From Tarty Bikes website:

Description

- For 2010 ‘The Bike Fest’ presents Tarty Days

- A three day trials festival in St Asaph, North Wales

- 11th – 13th June 2010

- Gates open at 11:00 am on Friday 11th, event ends at 18:00 on Sunday 13th.

I'm thinking I might buy a registration even though I can't make it to the event. Such a quality idea and massive props to Matt and Tarty for making it happen (Y)

If it wasn't the missus' 21st I'd be there like a shot. Good luck for it!