Tarty Days 2010

mintsauce

NOTE:

The course builders for Tarty Days are a group of very talented craftsmen and always up for a challenge. Take a look at the pictures and videos and see what they created last year.

If you have any dream sections or obstacles that you'd love to try and ride then draw them and email them across to me. (slowprogress at hotmail dot co dot uk)

Although I can't promise we can create everyone's ideal sections it'd be good to try and create a few.

Give as much detail as possible to aid the course builders (rough sizes, angles, depths, distance etc etc)

Awesome!

Mark requests a flat bank: approx 4-5ft high, 10-12ft long, approx 30 degree elevation, with a decent run up to it :rolleyes: Could be pretty fun to play on I reckon, especially for the streety blokes.

Other than that, I reckon the see-saw and the balance beam over the water should be done again, they are very cool obstacles!

Price shows as 8.51 pounds my end (no VAT). Don't think that's a major problem unless people from Ireland or other parts of Europe who might be coming might have the same problem?

It's showing up as £10 + £5 postage for me from Ireland... Two tickets bought and ferry booked today, me and Tha Goat and possibly one more from Ireland will be making an appearance (So heading for half the trials riders in Ireland will be there)...

I'll be the shit rider on the dual disk blue GU :)...

Price shows as 8.51 pounds my end (no VAT). Don't think that's a major problem unless people from Ireland or other parts of Europe who might be coming might have the same problem?

No problem at all, sales outside the EU aren't subject to VAT.

I have a question. What time will it be possible to come, roughly what time. There are few of us comming and we live down south and will take about 5h to get there, we wanted to leave home at 5-6am. WIll the camp be open by the time we come (10-11am)?

This is going to be such a fun drive. :sick: I cant wate :giggle:

Other than that, I reckon the see-saw and the balance beam over the water should be done again, they are very cool obstacles!

Am I right to read this as a see saw and a balance beam, both over water, or just the balance beam?

guess i'm going in the drink at tarty days then :rolleyes:

Right a couple of questions before I get my ticket and make my plans.

- What riding is going to be open to "the general public" i.e. myself?

- Will there be "Riders" wristbands (for the more exp riders) and "public" as there is at Nass or is it more of a free-for-all?

- What do you want the "vibe" to be? A family based event - or a more "lads on tour" vibe? (from the vid looked like a lot of old people and school groups etc.)

- What time does it kick off? Would it be worth trying to get closer to the event before so I don't arrive at 6 after a 6 hour drive and am tired?

- Does the TF mandem plan to stay together like as Nass or will it really only be TF people in full attendance?

- How much extra SHOULD I pay towards the event and charity? (I know £10 is the minimum but thats far too cheap for my liking I'd like to think that I can put in more so its done again etc.)

- Are campfires and excessive drinking allowed?

Any other questions people have please put them up, because I don't want to drive for 6 hours without a clue whats actually happening and what other people are planning to do!!!

This is what I have gathered from Matt, but don't take what I've said as gospel, Matt will confirm/deny I'm sure!

- What riding is going to be open to "the general public" i.e. myself? Everything

- Will there be "Riders" wristbands (for the more exp riders) and "public" as there is at Nass or is it more of a free-for-all? Anyone can ride anything

- What do you want the "vibe" to be? A family based event - or a more "lads on tour" vibe? (from the vid looked like a lot of old people and school groups etc.) The videos are of Woodfest which is an event at the same venue earlier in the week, we are just piggybacking the obstacles (and adding a few more, plus camping and showers etc). Woodfest is more 'demo-y' and we are hoping this event will be more 'mates hanging around, chilling, with some cool stuff to ride really close by'

- What time does it kick off? Would it be worth trying to get closer to the event before so I don't arrive at 6 after a 6 hour drive and am tired? Gates open 10am Friday but I guess it'll kick off once a fair few people have arrived. Friday evening maybe?

- Does the TF mandem plan to stay together like as Nass or will it really only be TF people in full attendance? I think it'll mainly be TF people, but we have sold 2 or 3 wristbands to one person a couple of times over, so I'm hoping their mates who don't use the forum will also come too.

- How much extra SHOULD I pay towards the event and charity? (I know £10 is the minimum but thats far too cheap for my liking I'd like to think that I can put in more so its done again etc.) £10 is the entry fee, then I believe there will be donation buckets available for the BBQ in the evenings, so you could bob a bit more in there if you like (Y) Cheers!

- Are campfires and excessive drinking allowed? Would need to chat to Matt about fires, but pretty sure drinking will be alright as long as you don't cause too much destruction!

Any other questions people have please put them up, because I don't want to drive for 6 hours without a clue whats actually happening and what other people are planning to do!!! Yeah man, agreed, fire away! I won't be back at a PC til Monday but go for it...

- What riding is going to be open to "the general public" i.e. myself?

- Will there be "Riders" wristbands (for the more exp riders) and "public" as there is at Nass or is it more of a free-for-all?

- What do you want the "vibe" to be? A family based event - or a more "lads on tour" vibe? (from the vid looked like a lot of old people and school groups etc.)

- What time does it kick off? Would it be worth trying to get closer to the event before so I don't arrive at 6 after a 6 hour drive and am tired?

- Does the TF mandem plan to stay together like as Nass or will it really only be TF people in full attendance?

- How much extra SHOULD I pay towards the event and charity? (I know £10 is the minimum but thats far too cheap for my liking I'd like to think that I can put in more so its done again etc.)

- Are campfires and excessive drinking allowed?

Any other questions people have please put them up, because I don't want to drive for 6 hours without a clue whats actually happening and what other people are planning to do!!!

I think you're a little confused as to what exactly's going on, it's not a public display / event like shown in the video, the vid is just there as an example of what is going to be built as they'll be using the same builders. So all riding apparatus will be open to everyone, as far as I can make out there is no 'public'. It also seems like it's going to be mainly TF members / bike trials community. It's basically a big as well organized group ride.

(That is as the impression i get from this topic, i could be wrong)

AWESOME just what I needed to hear! Just the video mislead me a little bit I suppose! AHHH GONNA BE BOOM! Anyone nearby who fancys lending a brother 3x3 metre patch of land for the night EH EH EH?

Adam and JT are spot on with what they said.

There is FREE on-site camping too mate so no need to beg a bit of land from anyone!

For those who haven't heard, there will be an on-site professional sports massage therapist.

Paul, a friend of mine who runs his business from Shrewsbury has offered vastly reduced rates of £5 for a 15 minute session, half of which will be donated to charity.

Check out Restore Sports Massage

Good man :)

Thanks to those who have pre-registered so far (Y) Matt has informed me that a couple of bands and Welsh Cycling would like to get involved next year if the event is a success this time, which would be pretty cool!

There is FREE on-site camping too mate so no need to beg a bit of land from anyone!

No I ment for Thursday night, because I don't know how much I fancy getting up early and driving 6 hours on the Friday... not that its too much of a problem but options are never a bad thing.

Is there a maximum/minimum attendance?

Nah, but more people going means it costs us less to run :P haha.

Pretty sure we won't reach a 'break even' point (around 400 people off the top of my head), but if we did any profits would go to the charity.