Tarty Days 2010

mintsauce

Sounds like a good effective way of buying a ticket, for the generous amoung us.. what would we do, just say over the phone to someone at tarty how much we would like to pay for the ticket? For those that want to pay online how would that work?

cheers

Sounds like a good effective way of buying a ticket, for the generous amoung us.. what would we do, just say over the phone to someone at tarty how much we would like to pay for the ticket? For those that want to pay online how would that work?

cheers

i think that possibly, if tarty wanted to, they could have a little form on their website.

like you give your details and stuff, pay the price, and they could send you a resept in the post.

you show the recept when you get to the event.

and if you havent entered and paid on the site, you could just pay on entry to the event.

what do people think to that?

cheers

Maybe sell the bands on the Tarty website with a minimum price of say £1.00 which your allowed to enter more if you wish to?

cheers

Donations will be set at £6 when you register on the Tarty Bikes website.

ALL ATTENDEES MUST PRE REGISTER

When you pre-register you will get an event wrist band posted out to you. It goes without saying that you need to bring this with you and be wearing it throughout the weekend! >_<

For the generous amongst you, there will be opportunity AT THE EVENT itself to increase your donation. You will do this by coming and finding me in person (then I can thank you personally!).

Anyone who does this and gives over and above the suggested £6 donation will be given an additional wrist band (of a different colour) with an ID number on it. They will be entered into a prize draw and at the end of the weekend will have the chance of taking home some freebie goodies.

To encourage everyone to PRE ENTER anyone who turns up and wants to pay on the day will be asked to kindly donate £10 (still with half going to charity).

The donation stands at £6 for pre-registration regardless of whether or not you are attending for 1 day or all 3.

Keep the questions coming if there are any more!

Peace

Although i wont be attending, what you are doing sounds super awesome and i really hope people actually get of their arses and buy tickets and attend. I've witnessed so many events have hundreds of people shouting out that they'll attend and pay, then when they are asked to but their money and promise where their mouth is, only like 20 people actually bother.

Good luck with it!

Ok, this is getting a little confusing now. Can you still pay nothing, or is it 6 pound minimum? If not it shouldn't really be considered a donation anymore should it? Why do people have to find yourself at the event to make a larger donation, why can't they just do it through the website, have it like buying multiple items at 1 pound each. Say you want to donate 10 pounds you pre register and add on 4 items. It's a bit more of a 'proper' way to do it as the rider won't feel under pressure if he intends on only donating a couple of pounds more.

So the people who donate 10p more will have the same stake in the raffle as someone who's donated 10 pounds more. >_<

I also think the 2nd wristband / raffle isn't a great idea as you can see who's donated more and who hasn't, if you're out to guilt people into giving more money then fair enough but i don't think that's the goal. I think you're trying to encourage people to donate more but you're just inadvertently going to alienate the people who could barely afford attending the event anyway.

The way I'd do it personally is charge 6 pounds for the event via tartybikes. No more no less. 10 pounds if you don't pre register is a good call. And then encourage people to buy regular raffle tickets whitest you're there. That way the more money people donate the more chance they have of winning, and if they want to turn down donating more money this way then they can do without anyone really knowing.

• Like 2

Ok, this is getting a little confusing now. Can you still pay nothing, or is it 6 pound minimum? If not it shouldn't really be considered a donation anymore should it? Why do people have to find yourself at the event to make a larger donation, why can't they just do it through the website, have it like buying multiple items at 1 pound each. Say you want to donate 10 pounds you pre register and add on 4 items. It's a bit more of a 'proper' way to do it as the rider won't feel under pressure if he intends on only donating a couple of pounds more.

So the people who donate 10p more will have the same stake in the raffle as someone who's donated 10 pounds more. >_<

I also think the 2nd wristband / raffle isn't a great idea as you can see who's donated more and who hasn't, if you're out to guilt people into giving more money then fair enough but i don't think that's the goal. I think you're trying to encourage people to donate more but you're just inadvertently going to alienate the people who could barely afford attending the event anyway.

The way I'd do it personally is charge 6 pounds for the event via tartybikes. No more no less. 10 pounds if you don't pre register is a good call. And then encourage people to buy regular raffle tickets whitest you're there. That way the more money people donate the more chance they have of winning, and if they want to turn down donating more money this way then they can do without anyone really knowing.

Thanks for your comments and taking the time to give your feedback you raise a lot of good points.

They will certainly influence my thinking as we move forward with the decision making.

Cheers

One of the most sensible posts I've seen on TF lately (Y)

If I'm going I'll definitely be paying more than £6, as I imagine most people will, but can you imagine the hassle of having to deal with everyone paying you directly at the event?

i agree with the money part too, JT has made a good point and i would certainly pay more for a festival-like event.

and as the money for a charity i think a standard buying raffles tickets on the weekend would be a better option, basically what JT had said.

as for the entry itself, if i do come it won't be a full weekend, maybe 2nd day and last, but i assuming all entry will be the same as long as you have a wristband? - ie it'll be open all 24hrs and you can come and go whenever you want for shops or whatever?

steve

ALL ATTENDEES MUST PRE REGISTER

When you pre-register you will get an event wrist band posted out to you. It goes without saying that you need to bring this with you and be wearing it throughout the weekend! >_<

For the generous amongst you, there will be opportunity AT THE EVENT itself to increase your donation. You will do this by coming and finding me in person (then I can thank you personally!).

Anyone who does this and gives over and above the suggested £6 donation will be given an additional wrist band (of a different colour) with an ID number on it. They will be entered into a prize draw and at the end of the weekend will have the chance of taking home some freebie goodies.

To encourage everyone to PRE ENTER anyone who turns up and wants to pay on the day will be asked to kindly donate £10 (still with half going to charity).

The donation stands at £6 for pre-registration regardless of whether or not you are attending for 1 day or all 3.

Keep the questions coming if there are any more!

Peace

All sounds good, but I'd think a donation box thang/someone dedicated to taking donations would be better as not many people know what you look like, you're bound to be busy etc, far more people would sling it in a box in an easy to find location than wander round on the off chance they meet you. Also people may only have their wallets/money to hand on registration/entry rather than when they're actually riding.

assuming all entry will be the same as long as you have a wristband? - ie it'll be open all 24hrs and you can come and go whenever you want for shops or whatever?

Do this or it's a nightmare!! Especially as everyone will have bikes and valuables to secure in cars/vans etc.

At a festival a year ago, a friend who is asmatic had to push past security to get her astma med's from the car cos the security were being wankers about the 'No Returning To Vehicles' rule. She came back with her inhaler an stuff and the guy didnt apologise, but proceeded to pat her down again and make her sign in again!

I like the wristband idea, however, how are you going to get this event noticed by non trials riders?

For example people that do not know what trials is, people that do not know who tarty are?

Is this a public event to increase public awareness of trials?

This is a very good opportunity to increase public awareness of trials and one that should not be missed.

Sounds great!

At £6 its a bloody bargain and I bet most would be willing to pay double that. I just spent 3 days at a juggling festival and tickets for that were £65. People will pay for something if they love it enough.

Will camper vans be allowed on the camping field with the tents?

Where do I sign up? :lol:

Edd

Yeah!! I'll be willing to pay more than a tenner, ( buy that, i mean my mum )

haha funniest thing i heard today

yeh! i loved to come and donate more than six punds to enter :)

one more question.. will there be a lock up to put our bikes at night?

Edited by matt.price

Sounds awesome to me.

Location dosn't bohther me, I will travel for something like this especially if I'm going to be staying there for two nights!!!

I'd much rather see a fixed price of £6 on tarty bikes, then £10 on the day. With an option on Tarty for donatiing more than £6 and a donation box at the event!

You've obviously put a lot of hard work into this, and to help get it up and running maybe the idea of people volunteering to help set up/steward/clean up after?

(Its hardly going to be festival filthy, but some people just like to drop stuff. laugh.gif)

If possible maybe just turning up earlier/staying after a generally giving a hand? turned.gif

Just an idea.

tongue.gif

This sounds fantastic! I would love to go and will do everything I can to go. I'm sure I would have a friend or two who would come too!!

Have you got any design companies working for you to make banners or tees? and will there be freebies? :D

Best of luck with getting it going (Y)

edit: Just realised the websites name, very ironic :giggle: It looks great so far!

Hey I recongnize you, you were in mbuk