V Brake On A Mod?

Captain Scarlet

So just gone to set-up my Vee brake earlier (with Onza V daptors as I'm running 4 bolts obviously on my Limey 320)

Put it all together and no matter which offset hole \I use on the V-daptors, the brake cable is always contacting the tyre (whether the lever is pulled or not).

Now my only solution I can see to this is to push my wheel as far backwards as possible, which would mean employing the work of a halflink (boo) but is there something else that I can do that I am blatantly missing? or has anyone else had this problem?

It's a common problem with mods, you cna either add an extra link to the chain and drag the wheel back, then file the holes for the pads out to mount them lower, or get some of the new Heatsink adapters which allow you to mount the vee pivot directly over the lower 4 bolt mount hole.

I have a rear v on a mod. It doesn't feel as nice as my stock but with some tinkering I have made it work very well. Magura might be easier to setup but V has so much less resistance in lever pull. My pivot is at the lower magura mount by using home machined adapters.