Long To Short

mods

Right basically i used to ride a ko long which i really liked and got to a 'reasonable' standard on. I did at the time think it may have been a bit long, I haven't ridden now for a couple of years :( (cars)lol and i decided to get a new bike and start riding again.

I have just bought and echo lite short and thought, where i havent ridden for so long i would just adjust to riding the shorter frame.

I went on my first proper ride yesterday only to find i was pretty shocking.

I dont know whether this is because the bike is so different to my last one or i just havent riden for ages. I am going to give it a few months, if i dont significantly improve i suppose its a new frame?

My ko had flat echo bars and the lite has try-all rage risers, if that makes much difference.

Opinions or experiences on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks shay.

I've been out today for a few hours, rode a lot better. I think your right must be where i havent ridden, although it didnt stop my back brake slipping on a drop gap ((N) mechanical disks)

Dont tempt me i loved my ko! Back brake never slipper either.

I will give the echo a good few months though and put some proper effort back into my riding. I dont think it will static back wheel and side hop as good though :(

Don't get a new frame. You'll adjust.

I tend to find shorter wheelbases more fun than long. Seems a bit less.... formal - riding style is more open to your own interpretation. Long bikes seem more purely "trials"-orientated - and not just in that it makes it easier.

Don't knock the dual disk thing either - I'd love to go dual disk, but don't have the hub OR frame for it :P Just... set them up better :giggle:

i have someone who wants my short frame so i may sell it and get the same frame but in long version. I think where the ko was soo long, measured up at 1055 or something silly, thats why im finding it so hard on a 1015 bike.