Changing Cranks (Need Advice)

matthew_coggan

I currently have Middleburn RS7 cranks and i am running a Middleburn Pro Trials Bashring.

I want to chance my cranks as they dont go with my new frame but keep the bash ring.

So is it possible to keep the Middleburn Pro Trials Bashring, and use it with other cranks then the RS7 ones?

Cant you just grind the hole bigger where it fits onto the cranks ?

im not to sure as i dnt have them cranks though

FUCK NO jeesus how dumb do you have to be? dude keep your burns, unless your wanting to go FFW? then swap/sell them to tom musson. burns ***

Cant you just grind the hole bigger where it fits onto the cranks ?

im not to sure as i dnt have them cranks though

That might work actually, if you just wanted to use the bash on threaded cranks with a FFW. The bash might need milling down to fit though, both in terms of thickness and the splined fitting. Plus if you did want to use threaded cranks, you could sell your RS7s with the bash and buy a new one for about the same money...

Dude Middleburn cranks are the best cranks there are.

When they buck their ideas up and start making screw on cranks, EVERY other set of cranks will be deemed obsolete in trials, till someone makes a hollowtech screwon that is as stiff and sexual as middleburns.

Don't hold your breath! From what I hear, unless Middleburn want to replace all the tooling for the forging process, threaded cranks just won't happen. The current forging process doesn't leave enough metal to machine the threads. Tarty had a proto set but it didn't have many threads, and apparantly they stripped really quickly.

As much as I love Middleburns, there are lots of decent alternatives now. I've got try-alls at the moment, which in terms of stiffness and weight they are very close to 'burns

With all this talk of splined fixed sprockets... IIRC the sweet torque splines are smaller than those of a shimano spline... someone could make an adaptor real quick, and then we'd know... market it seperately, much like any other aftermarket burn bash...

If it weren't for both splines being patented, you could also license it off. :P