stunt man t

41 members have voted

1. 1. which frame?

• white sky
    • rockman maladie in black
    • rockman akali in black
    • speedrace fans in black
    • other?

right, basicaly im building up a bike :)

ive got all my parts now after 2 months and the only part i have left to get is the frame (the other parts were easy to choose because i chose the lightest lol), but im finding it hard to choose the frame i want :(

it has to be 4-bolt/light and match all the silver and black parts i have ;)

i had a onza t-pro which i got on with realy well, then changed to a gu typhoon 08 which wasnt too bad but was a little too long for me

just wonderd what peoples thought were on these frames were? which would be best, strength, geo etc

and which ones to avoid

going to order it on the 16th (payday) so ill take all the feedback up-until then

I'd vote for Fans or Whitesky, but the final decision is yours.

From personal experience i would say a big NO on the white sky, back end is stupidly flexy i had to set the right brake pad as close to the rim as possible then the other one far away to stop the brake rubbing when pedaling hard, the snail cam "bolts" are made into the frame itself and were far too soft and my drive side one just squashed to which i then got tarty to drill and tap holes for proper bolts

The paint work is a complete nightmare to keep clean, its just absorbs anything that touches it even with brake cleaner it was very hard to get some grease/oil marks off

Also the white sky price tag is completely retarded, i personally think you should go with the rockman akali or the fans, lenght wise if you didnt like the gu the akali/fans seems the better option than the maladie and use the left over money(from not buying the white sky)on some nice parts :)

Edited by Toby

I voted Fans]

But Have you looked at the Onza Limey 320? :) very nice Should have mine in a few days :)

Are you going to be using a bash plate or bash ring? I Use bash ring lighter :)

Onza Limey 320 Geo \/ Click here

Wheelbase: 1000mm

Chainstay Length: 350mm

BB Rise: 75mm

Head Angle: 71.5 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 595mm

Onza Has One Really stiff looking built in brake booster :)

Fans Geo \/ Click here

Wheelbase: 1005mm

Chainstay Length: 350mm

BB Rise: +75mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 595mm (23.4")

Hope This helps :)

Jamie

Edited by JamieWilliams

but the 320 is heaviest out of the ones mentioned if that affects anything :)

yeah it does actualy ;)

im kinda thinking go fans but im not to sure about speedrace as i only no of this frame

are they any good?

wouldnt it be safer to go for a brand which is more known?

yeah it does actualy ;)

im kinda thinking go fans but im not to sure about speedrace as i only no of this frame

are they any good?

wouldnt it be safer to go for a brand which is more known?

Just go with the Rans or Rockman, only difference between the two is that the Fans has a slightly longer reach than the Rockman due to head angle, and the Rockman has a slightly higher bb and a tiny bit lighter.

I've personally not seen bad things about ethier(apart from me about the akali poor paint job :P) so i think ethier one is a safe bet.

Ah also the frames are made from different metals im not sure which one is better :P Fans=6061-T6 aluminium alloy Rockman= U6 alluminium alloy (maybe its the same i dunno :P)

Edited by Toby

I vote the fans, Not only because it's FAR cheaper than the koxx, but I did a bit of reading up on the white sky and it sounds like you really can't be bashing that frame, I'm guessing it only has one place and that would be under the feet of riders in the world champs

I vote the fans, Not only because it's FAR cheaper than the koxx, but I did a bit of reading up on the white sky and it sounds like you really can't be bashing that frame, I'm guessing it only has one place and that would be under the feet of riders in the world champs

Its not even popular there :P as i said too flexy :) and my sky was still going strong after 10months before "bashing" it as you said, to be honest the force i hit the frame at would probably of damaged most frames(probably not so dramatic as the sky but still).

I'd avoid the Koxx, simply for what you get versus the price. For less you can get a fully custom Triton. Definitely the Rockman or Onza instead. Rockman stuff is always smart and well featured. Onza has been getting better every year since they started.

Remember with a bash you're about to add a fair bit of gramage onto your weenie machine.